Honored Contributor

Just no on every count.  There isn't a thing I like about this bathroom.

Esteemed Contributor
I like the look of the wood wall but agree with the others about the ease of keeping it clean.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

This bathroom is pretty but not practical for me.  I wouldn't want a wall of wood in a bathroom and I prefer a shower.

Respected Contributor

Nothing appeals to me in that photo.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wall of Wood in a Bath

[ Edited ]

Not impressed.  It may work better in a family room.  Paint the wall, bring in some art and on one side put up some simple shelves.  If I was building a home or remodeling, I would have commode in a separate, small room with a small sink.  It's nice to have privacy.  I do love the tub's unique shape.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

This is stepping out of the box for Candice Olsen.   I'm looking for the glass chandelier?!  I think the wood does add some warmth but it would be a lot of work.

Trusted Contributor

I love most everything Candace does. Even though I like the look of this and I think it's unique, I wouldn't choose this for my home. But it does look good here. Thanks for sharing @lolakimono .

Honored Contributor

Re: Wall of Wood in a Bath

[ Edited ]

Lots of decorators are doing these "focus" walls now.  They are wallpapering one wall, using some kind of paneling on one wall, different color paint on one wall or this.  Now this is a new take on it from brick or tiles that we see so often on a focus wall.  I think I would like this better if it were in a cozier looking room.  This spa room looks very clean, cool and spa-like.  I guess it gives the idea of bathing outdoors on some level.  Just not sure I like it but I do think Candace to be a great designer.

Time to be honest here.  I have a bathtub that is that deep.  I cannot get in and out of it any longer.  I had it installed in 2015. Golly.  Old age came much more quickly than I had anticipated.  I fell with knee injury and 2018 and bingo.  Have not been in it since and have no desire, but when the grandkiddies come to visit, they argue over who is going to use it first.

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me.  I don't care for stand alone tubs and the wall would be a nightmare to keep clean.  Too many nooks and crannies for mold.

Honored Contributor

I like wood, but I don't like the wood wall or much in this bathroom. Just not my style. The floor looks nice, but why are there lights on the floor?