Honored Contributor

Re: Wall color suggestions for my small kitchen.

@K9buddy wrote:

The pink seems so random.  Is there anything to tie the color into the kitchen?

@K9buddy

It's a long shot - definitely not safe like gray, which I love and will probably wind up with, but I like the retro feel of the pink with my grey countertops.  Also, the retro-pink has brown hues in it, which could tie in with the butcher block on one of my counters and the floor.  I think one of the reasons I like pink is because I've always lived with men and men-cubs... pink has always been a statement to them to BACK OFF! IT'S MY TERRITORY, lol.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

I painted our walls pebble gray from the color of your walls now. Hello kitty.

@OKPrincess  I just saw the color you posted.  GORGEOUS.   Love that color.  We have a lot of grays all over our house and I'm sure I have something close in one of my rooms.  I have 3 grays in my bedroom alone! 

SO PRETTY.

Thank you. The walls are pebble gray and built-in bookcase, mantel and mantle trim are darker gray. The painted trim, cabinets and replaced all doors white. Love it. For years we had shades of yellow. Both are good neutrals.

Super Contributor

@house_cat Mellow mood is a paint color by glidden that is very similar to th the color in my kitchen. I also have white cabinets, granite (brown-beige) wood floors, and that lovely wrought iron caddy from QVC! Got the kitty too, mine is black. Anyway, the color is a light to medium green. C0BB38B5-7855-4169-838B-0EAD900A846E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@house_cat After all this discussion, have you asked Kitty what he/she wants? After all, this is their house. You just make the payments.

1C8352A5-CC20-4DEE-A6A6-92B64E376039.jpeg

Super Contributor

I love the pink, unusual, but would be very pretty. Also goes great with the green palm.

Super Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

Honest opinions on a shade like this - this one is called "retro-pink" - not anything like I had originally imagined, but it's got me thinking.

retro-pink-behr-premium-plus-ultra-paint-colors-375401-64_1000.jpg

I like this one!

It looks more neutral to me because there are brown tones in it.

I love the pink, unusual, but would be very pretty. Also goes great with the green palm.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

Nope! I haven't asked her and I don't plan on it - as long as her food is on time, she'll be good with it, lol.  I'm not "asking" DH either, though I know he'll have an opinion.   I always take his opinions into consideration throughout the house, but the kitchen is my space.  No one fights over it when it's time to cook or clean up, and he can't help me paint, so I'm going to assume I get to choose what I want :-)

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@OKPrincess

Nope! I haven't asked her and I don't plan on it - as long as her food is on time, she'll be good with it, lol.  I'm not "asking" DH either, though I know he'll have an opinion.   I always take his opinions into consideration throughout the house, but the kitchen is my space.  No one fights over it when it's time to cook or clean up, and he can't help me paint, so I'm going to assume I get to choose what I want :-)

Ha ha!! Good luck and have fun. 

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what to paint your kitchen. It looks like a very pretty room though. I wanted to add , my friend who is a decorator once told me to never paint a room yellow  unless it is already a bright ,sunny room.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat  My DIL shaves their two cats also! Never heard of such a thing until she married my son and they decided to adopt a couple of kittens from the Humane Society. She said she's always shaved her mom's cats. Took a little getting used to for me, who has always had short-haired felines (and never thought about hair cuts). That was 15 years ago and I'm perfectly comfy with their hairless cats! You have a lovely kitty. Smiley Happy

Voting a peach or a green in your pretty kitchen. Not a big fan of greys, browns or neutrals in the kitchen, which often needs a little spicing up!

Money screams; wealth whispers.