Valued Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

If the woman wasn't in the painting I would put it on my wall.  I love the pink colors throughout.

We are all different I know.  If the woman wasn't in the painting I would not have bought it.  She is what drew me to the painting primarily.  

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's reminiscent of Christina by Andrew Wyeth.  Smiley Happy  And, yes, the pink is a bit much.  I wonder what the pink is along the road.

I think the pink along the road is flowering bushes, perhaps azalea or rhododendron.  They have a more abstract look to them.  That is one of the things I like about this painting, a lot of realism mixed with a little abstract.

Respected Contributor

@giddy up   Thank you for providing the information.  She has a fascinating background story.

Honored Contributor

Don't know anything about art but the woman doesn't seem to fit.

Honored Contributor

It would not fit in with my decor but it is lovely.  Enjoy.  I hope you found a special place for it in your home.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

not for me. My in laws retired and did puzzles so they made one something like this but it was of a swiss alps with a lady. they glued it & framed it gave it to us. so I hung it in the kitchen, not a fan but figure had to do something, we had to move of DH job, a lady from Switzerland brought my house because of the picture reminded her of home, LOL I left it for her when I moved. LOL sold the house because of that puzzle. Thanks in laws. 

Honored Contributor

I like paintings of beautful, somewhat mysterious, women but this woman is most unattractive.

Trusted Contributor

@giddy upMakes me think of the wonderful days gone by when life seemed slower paced.  I really love the picture.

Trusted Contributor

@giddy up 

I love this pic!  It's full of pretty colors & it's just a very peaceful, countryside setting.  I can see how it calls out your name.