Honored Contributor

Re: WINE COUNTRY VICTORIAN HOUSE IN FALL

I love that you appreciate the art stuff, @spiderw !  Those antique engravings have quite the background, @spiderw .   In the other house tour episode, she goes through whole sets of them and explains the ones that have a kind of continuing narrative-- each succeeding one tells a story, sometimes a rollicking one.  She wryly compared one romantic series of prints, depicting a husband and wife's long life together, to her own marriage. It was cute.

I enjoy that the art and maps are so cleverly "massed" and artfully hung. Makes me think they (the Nicholsens) might have gotten professional design help with that...  in any event, very well done.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

I'm surprised I like features of this home as I'm not too much of a fan of victorian style.  I've mentioned before, some of the homes in our area have very dark wood & small rooms .. gives a claustrophobic feeling.  Granted, I've only been in a couple so I shouldn't group them altogether.

One think I like about her decorating is the fact the rooms are lighter & some of the furnishings are nice.  I don't like the several "clusters" of photos on the wall though.  I like most of the Fall decor esp. that adorable squirrel & the apples on the weight on the kitchen counter.

Thanks for sharing & your usual narating to add interest.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a huge fan of Victorian homes/decor, but it's nice to see a non frou-frou, generally neutral colored Victorian home.  It's lovely.

I do the apple thing too.  More apples early in the season, then morph the pumpkins into the mix.