Honored Contributor

Re: WILD ART COLLECTION IN HISTORIC NY RIVERFRONT APARTMENT

I learned the same thing from a friend's walls, @GingerPeach!  My pal rented part of a fabulous shotgun in New Orleans' Uptown section, and her permissive landlady allowed her to paint all her walls.  My friend has always had exquisite taste, and painted her bedroom a medium sort of Prussian blue, and her living room, a striking melon or apricot.  (I'm not even an apricot person, but immediately wanted that color--  it made her all her art sing and gave a healthy glow to everyone who walked in the room.)  It was a European paint color that I've sought in vain ever since...  something like "Pompeian Red" but that wasn't quite it, I think...

Would you consider divulging your pinky beige color, if you remember the name?  I love discovering new, wonderful paint colors, but completely understand if you prefer not to give it...

Thank you, @Katcat1!   I've written on a spotty, free lance basis in the past, which was enjoyable, although am not fond of deadlines, ha.  Right now I keep in practise, I suppose, by doing it just for fun, on subjects I love.

And ditto on that tomato table.  Sometimes I like a single, zingy shot of unexpected color, but that particular table does not do it for me.... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm happy to give the color, @Oznell 

It was a color from the Sears line called Easy Living interior.  (When Sears had financial trouble, there was no more paint offered but I think now it is coming back.)  The color name is English Cream.  When I had some other walls done years later, the painter chipped some of the wall to get a big enough chip to take to a paint store to make a match.

I'm not sure this picture will be of great help.  Color is so hard to reproduce.  (This is from last year when I was getting new carpet, and before baseboards were installed.)

DSCN0203 (2).JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Oh, that is very pretty, @GingerPeach.  It reminds me of other paint colors that are also very flattering to the complexion--  almost "make-up" colors, if you will.  Great choice!   I can see how it would also be enhancing to whatever art you put up on the wall-- so preferable to the overly stark white which I think sometimes "saps" the energy out of what you put on top of it.

Honored Contributor

It's soft, yet enough contrast with the creamy white which is the trim.  (The trim isn't as white-white as it looks in the picture).

I think I fell in love with the name first, @Oznell  Woman Very Happy

English Cream.  You're right about the complexion aspect.  It creates such a nice reflection on the complexion, as well as being, as you said, a make-up color.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Very interesting!  The chairs you liked are Duncan Phyfe influence.

Duncan Phyfe in it's pure form with a Duncan Phyfe table.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Oh, those chairs are so handsome too, @ECBG!  Love the lines.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, those chairs are so handsome too, @ECBG!  Love the lines.

@Oznell Check your estate sales.  Duncan Phyfe has been well loved for generations.  A lot of ladies decorated with DF in the 40's and 50's.  It's a centuries old design.

Esteemed Contributor

The view is amazing but I'd have to gut everything and start over.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Gorgeous!  Wonder if it's on Air BB.