Honored Contributor

WHAT'S ON YOUR COFFEE TABLE NOW?

One of my favorite design topics!   What's your table like now?  Completely bare, and you like it that way?   Or plotted out with an artist's eye?  Or strictly utilitarian-- just what needs to be on there?

I thought this "transitional" one was pretty for spring.  It pushes my limit though of how many things to have on there at once.  But there's still room for coffee cups and remotes!

I like it when there's something living or organic, like flowers, moss, stones or shells.  And like books and trays.

My distressed, chalky white table is bare by the way, but only temporarily.  It's been newly scrubbed, and awaiting inspiration, ha.  Thinking of a lantern, and a bud vase with a trail of plant tendril flowing down, but that's as far as I've gotten....

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S ON YOUR COFFEE TABLE NOW?

My feet.Smiley LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

a round metal tray with a painting of a mother and child that I picked up at a thrift shop long ago. I have a small round table . I usually stick with this for 1 reason I enjoy it and it is easy to pick up and dust. I think the arrangement you showed is lovely , but I have a fairly small living room that has to be walked thru to get to rest of rooms & 2 cats that love to rearrange my arrangements. and they haven't any formal training ! Smiley Happy 

Your plan with a "trail of plant tendril flowing ..." sounds lovely .

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie @lol..I refer to ours as the foot stool too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My coffee table in my LR/ den is actually a rectangular ottoman. Bought it at QVC years ago by some interior designer who was here and gone: one of several.

As I need access to the lift-top for storage I just have a tray that usually holds library books, magazines and other reading materials.

Right now it also has a sewing kit and the IML sweater that I am sdjusting a sleeve on.

Honored Contributor

Dust----otherwise, not a thing

Respected Contributor

@Oznell A cut glass vase holding dried flowers that can be flipped over to hold a pillar candle (a Partylite purchase seventeen years ago) a two cup stainless steel tea pot filled with my mulberry tea along with my cup and saucer, and a Fringe glass tray decorated with birds with three matching votive candles sitting on it.  

The white rectangular coffee table converts to three heights and is hinged to fold out to become a dining table to seat six since the first floor of my rental is a combo living room and kitchen.  

And there is a set of round, pressed glass, Godinger coasters.  Usually there is a cookbook and one other book (whatever I am currently reading) sitting there as well.

I try to clear it off once a day and wipe it off if it needs it, since the table is used for eating all our meals. 

You've just reminded me I should do that now.  Guess that's the end of my "retired lady of leisure" Friday morning, so the timing of your question is perfect.

Then I should move to the kitchen and do some cleaning there after I get things underway for the dinner I've planned for tonight.

Respected Contributor

<"The white rectangular coffee table converts to three heights and is hinged to fold out to become a dining table to seat six since the first floor of my rental is a combo living room and kitchen.  ">

@aroc3435  I have so admired those in catalogs and I think HSN sells one. It sounds like a great idea ,especially for a smaller place. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my living room:  a long rectangular table, blue and white pattern vase with silk red tulips on left end, new Waterford bowl center, left side a gold tray with part of my collection of old brass candlesticks.

In my family room:  a huge table made from an original ships’s hatch from an old ship.  On the top, a little globe that turns with light, Luminara candle grouping, piles of books, piles of every catalog known to mankind, a mostly eaten bag of Goldfish crackers, a tube of hand cream, Lifesavers (half gone).  Normally, it’s better than this, but right now I really am not concerned.  Our leather sofa has electric foot raisers, so our lower legs and feet are ok.

Honored Contributor

I have a long rectangular table, on the top I have a Diffuser, a Lantern with flameless pillars and an unique candle holder with flamless votives.

On the bottome I have two photos of Granddaughters on each side with a bowl of beautiful colored balls. I will try to upload a photo later when I am at home!