Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S ON YOUR COFFEE TABLE NOW?

@Oznell wrote:

Glammo.  Not really me, but I like it on a fantasy level..

Wow, is this me to a tee.  Gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Well, my bare, cleared, rectangular white table finally got its 'spring arrangement'.   The white is kind of bland, so for one end I put a chunky wicker tray.  On it is a honey colored wood and bronze lantern, and then two gold swirled glass votives on it, each on a chunky little gilt base.

Next, toward the middle on the bare table, a small pedestal English hobnail rose bowl (I think it's called English hobnail b/c the little knobs are geometric diamond shapes, rather than round).  (I did put in "trailing" cuttings from my lipstick plant that you had liked, @okaywitheasypay, but went with the little elevated rose bowl rather than a tall bud vase).

Finished off with two stacked oversize decorating books, and on top of them a squatty Scandinavian looking glass cloche with wood base, into which I had put a tiny bird's nest.

Honored Contributor

Hey, here's our pal Farah Merhi (from Inspire Me!) doing a short "how-to" on styling coffee tables.  Again, her style is more 'glam',  but the principles of arrangement that she uses are universal and helpful I think in plotting out your look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNUZmrbf_E

Honored Contributor

Modern, unexpected.  I have a weakness for horses and any animal figural, really!

Honored Contributor

Speaking of tulips (although those white tulips above with the horse are pretty hard to beat):

Honored Contributor

Hard-to-find ottoman 'coffee table' arrangement.  That cutie-pie owl, perched on the edge!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just removed Easter so I haven’t gotten around to it. Right not just basics

E5ADC4D4-4004-4875-BDC5-235E23850DDE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak,  I love when people show their own pictures.  I like your currently 'minimal' look.  Those coasters and ceramic tray are beautiful, especially against the mellow, burnished wood of your table.

Honored Contributor

Still on the bird theme, I love these little cranes.   It's simple, but there's something intimate and personal about this coffee table vignette of a British blogger...

Honored Contributor

Whoa-- striking, but how do I watch TV when I'm flat on the couch peering around big shiny vases...