Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S ON YOUR COFFEE TABLE NOW?

two large lalique fish vase...nothing else.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay   Thank you, it is ideal for my space limitations.  I was searching for a long time to find a coffee table when I relocated to DC for retirement and needed all new furniture.  Found this one online at Wayfair.  It is called Latitude Run and lists for $339.oo which they now show as available for $247.99.  Right now the white is not available, they are showing only "natural" which I did not want.  Had to wait for the white to come back in stock when I ordered mine so that must be the most popular color choice.  It is very heavy and you need two people to assemble it and be sure that the lever is locked properly; the finish is a glossy melamine type  finish so beware of nicks and ink pen or beverage stains.

The only thing I drawback for me is that it is too modern for my taste but it has worked out well, since I tend to like Art Deco type or Edwardian styles but I've done my best to make it blend in.  My couch is a medium grey Ikea pullout contemporay rectangle and since the coffee table sits on an Oriental rug that picks up medium to dark blue walls with white trim it blends fairly well.

Honored Contributor

These word pictures are fantastic;  I'm relishing reading every one and picturing the details...

Honored Contributor

I had coffee tables in the past but because they became furniture for clutter, I decided not to have one.  However, I always like putting books on the coffee table along with a couple of collectibles.  I think fresh flowers in a vase is a perfect touch too.  At this point I haven't had a coffee table for years so I'll keep it that way but I understand the appeal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a large round "cocktail" table with wood inlay & clear glass insert.

I only put 1 item in the middle of it- a large round pottery vase filled with colorful silk fall leaf stems. A special friend of mine was extemely talented when it came to forming/firing her pottery. The effects of her glazing were so beautiful, & I have SO MANY of her items. 

The only other thing (s) on the table glass are the occasional cat footprints. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I am actually considering that right now.  Suggestions welcome!

IMG_20190503_124239738.jpg

Honored Contributor

No coffee table. Waste of space in a small room. I do have an end table with a lamp and a phalaenopsis orchid (live).
Respected Contributor

Nothing....because I don’t have one. I like them, just can’t commit to actually buying one. None of my side tables or the TV table match, they blend together. Adding another piece just makes more of a hodgepodge.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My coffee table is 2 thick glass moveable rectangles that are held up by very cool metal moving pieces. I have a Tiffany crystal apple given to me when I got married and moved away from NY,  a few beautiful colored art glass pieces, a Nest candle and a purple bubble paperweight is on the base of the table.  I also have a few cool coasters, and.....   a list of all our cable channels!

Honored Contributor

Hoping you all will keep 'em coming and include photos if you can like @CANDLEQUEEN is going to and @Laura14 has.  (Love your "Bringing Up Baby" photos, @Laura14, -- perfect!)

Videos on coffee table 'styling' are a passion of mine, but they have to be short.  Here's a couple for anyone interested.  I realize both "Kimmberly" and "JulieSimplyLove each have a very polished, "glam" style which is a bit funny since I'm more sort of roughish, English/Belgian farmhouse, with just a little bit of sparkle thrown in.  Nevertheless, I find their designs interesting and appealing.

I like that Kimmberly goes for fairly chunky, simple, high impact looks.  And JulieSimplyLove is very creative and fanciful within her chosen glittery high style genre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ObicVg_Xc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPboA6qKUmM