Occasional Contributor

WHAT HAPPENED TO NORTHERN NIGHTS 'SUPIMA' COTTON QUALITY?

Hi, everyone...

A number of years ago, I was on a roll, buying lots of wonderful bedding from QVC. I had discovered NN's supima cotton sheets which, after all these years, I still regularly use. Sadly, just a couple of years ago, QVC began selling what I consider inferior Supima cotton sheets and blankets. I have two sets of sheets which were supposedly high thread count Supima cotton and even after multiple washings, they still feel rough as sandpaper. I had also purchased a wonderful Supima cotton pyrenees down blanket -- absolutely divine! It's truly Supima with a velvety soft, silky feel. When I went online a few days ago, they had the blanket on clearance. Now, it is sold out and I am afraid they'll never bring back that kind of quality. I also noticed a curious thing.. most (if not all) of NNs sheets are now made in China, whereas the ones I purchased years ago that were the best Supima were either made in Portugal or India. Needless to say, I am terribly disappointed in NN's quality of products these days. They also used to make wonderful pillows, but again, the quality has really suffered in recent years. Has anyone else noticed the difference in Northern Nights' quality of products?

Occasional Visitor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO NORTHERN NIGHTS 'SUPIMA' COTTON QUALITY?

Yes, I've definitely noticed the quality has gone down drastically!  I used to absolutely love their down blankets and they just don't have them anymore? I was surprised to see one on air this week but it didn't have the satin trim and it looked very rough. I have a gold Swiss dot NN blanket I got years ago and it's a treasure. I wish they would have that quality again.

What happened to Northern NIghts...period? What happened is that the companies don't care about their customers any longer....just about their bottom line. To heck with quality and happy customers. They'd rather sell cheap inferior ******, pay as little as possible to their employees and oh, by the way, they'd rather support foreign economies than to manufacture right here in the USA where the quality was always second to none. See ya QVC. I'll go elsewhere so I can find find quality sheets. I'm sure there has to be a company out there that still manufactures sheets in the USA...or at least not in China.

Trusted Contributor

@gwenj  Many years ago I fell for the northern nights line egyptian cotton luxury sheets. Hugely diassappointed . I found much better in local department stores, better quality and much more comfortable and you can find them on sale a few times a year back then. While I know this is the day of internet shopping, you just can not beat being able to go in a brick and mortar store and see and feel things in person.

Esteemed Contributor

The whole Northern Nights Brand has gone down, down, down.

Honored Contributor

No more QVC linens for me. I will now order from LLBean or Vermont Country Store. And, I will not order more than I really need.