Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DID YOU BUY FROM VALERIE'S 8-22 MORNING SHOW?

On 8/24/2014 BornToShop said: Marsha, you just gave me a great idea on what to do with my LR cloche comes. Thanks for your pic!

I have that LR cloche on order too. If you have any dessert pedestals, they make lovely containers for scenes of any season. I bought three of those in different heights from Save on Crafts a few years ago and have done so many things with them.

I almost canceled my order for that LR cloche but just couldn't make myself do it, so I'll be doing something with that. I need to build a couple rooms onto my house and build shelves all around the rooms. Smile

Super Contributor

Marsha , you made that ? Very nice ! It's also nice having the option , of changing the scene anytime you want . I can see a tiny cardinal in there too . Children love looking at little scenes like that .
Honored Contributor

Tune in to QVC for Heartfelt Home(R) with Valerie - Harvest
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 from 1 – 3 p.m. ET

Respected Contributor

Thank you to those who complimented me on the winter scene I posted. I love miniature scenes. Putting some miniature people, trees and faux snow under a dome is the easiest DIY project ever.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 8/22/2014 Marsha2003 said:

I recorded it for later, but was unable to watch the show. I hope you all like your items.

It was a nice show Marsha and I am really surprised they didn't have too many sell outs during the show. Only saw one or two but Albany kept saying they were getting down in the number of items left.

JPC

Marsha, I love your scene. I also love that you can post a picture like that. I've got to learn to do that.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of cloche stands. I found an olive green embossed cake stand that came with one of Valerie's cake candles of years ago, and put one of my large bell shaped cloches on it to see if it would fit, and it does, so this will be one Christmas set up. I also think her lit cake stands, for those who bought them, I did, will be good pedestals for cloches. I found a large trifle bowl that can be turned upside down. These things have been packed for years, in preparation for remodeling, and I am just now uncovering items I didn't remember I had.

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 mousiegirl said:

Speaking of cloche stands. I found an olive green embossed cake stand that came with one of Valerie's cake candles of years ago, and put one of my large bell shaped cloches on it to see if it would fit, and it does, so this will be one Christmas set up. I also think her lit cake stands, for those who bought them, I did, will be good pedestals for cloches. I found a large trifle bowl that can be turned upside down. These things have been packed for years, in preparation for remodeling, and I am just now uncovering tems I didn't remember I had.

Mousiegirl, I have one of those bowls on a pedestal. I was thinking of turning it upside down, putting a candle on top of the pedestal bottom and the scene inside the glass. Is that your plan?

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 lucymo said:
On 8/25/2014 mousiegirl said:

Speaking of cloche stands. I found an olive green embossed cake stand that came with one of Valerie's cake candles of years ago, and put one of my large bell shaped cloches on it to see if it would fit, and it does, so this will be one Christmas set up. I also think her lit cake stands, for those who bought them, I did, will be good pedestals for cloches. I found a large trifle bowl that can be turned upside down. These things have been packed for years, in preparation for remodeling, and I am just now uncovering tems I didn't remember I had.

Mousiegirl, I have one of those bowls on a pedestal. I was thinking of turning it upside down, putting a candle on top of the pedestal bottom and the scene inside the glass. Is that your plan?

That was my exact idea, putting a candle on top, that or a large bow. Now, I will be searching my home for cloches and pedestals, lol. I looked on pinterest yesterday to get ideas, and what I saw for cloches, could also be used for lanterns. I love the apothrcary ideas, one for Christmas bows, one for candy canes, one for ornaments, grouped together, or apart, so many great ideas.

Honored Contributor

My bowl has a stem that would be long enough for a bow or even some cedar (I love Cedar) greenery, berries etc. We'll be unpacking boxes that we haven't seen in years looking for glass containers.

On a Harvest note, I got some more of the glass Pumpkins at Dollar Tree today. I only saw a few Christmas pieces at our store.

Honored Contributor

I missed valeries shows, but I looked through the items of the show. Didn't order anything. I had the LR cloche on order, but recently canceled it. With my new VP pedestals, I have enough.