Honored Contributor

It's in a lot of stores and offices, so you know it can take a beating......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about it for our bedroom, I just haven't brought it up to my husband yet.

We need to replace the carpeting in there.

Our hallway from the carpeted living room that leads to the bedrooms and bathroom is tiled and I would like to replace that tiling with the same if we did it in the bedroom.

The reason we tiled the hallway was because the carpet would get worn out before the rest of it needed replacing.

Valued Contributor

Hooray!  Just got done with the  kitchen remodel and looks great!!  We also just had the Coretec Plus vinyl planks put throughout the kitchen,dining, living, hallway and 3 closets (have open concept).. We ended up getting the color Dakota Walnut.. It's beautiful.  I originally wanted a light oak color, but decided to go with a classic floor, as we have a lot of oak furnishings, I wanted a little contrast. 

They started two days ago with ripping out the old carpet in the living room (already tore out the kitchen ceramic tile ourselves), then laid the majority of the hallway, closets and part of the living room the first day.  Yesterday they came and finished the rest, but have to come today to do all the trim work. 

They did a fantastic job and I think I'll really like it.  Just have to get used to such a large area to dust, clean all at once,( as before it was devided with carpet and tile). 

Esteemed Contributor

@ptagirl wrote:

Hooray!  Just got done with the  kitchen remodel and looks great!!  We also just had the Coretec Plus vinyl planks put throughout the kitchen,dining, living, hallway and 3 closets (have open concept).. We ended up getting the color Dakota Walnut.. It's beautiful.  I originally wanted a light oak color, but decided to go with a classic floor, as we have a lot of oak furnishings, I wanted a little contrast. 

They started two days ago with ripping out the old carpet in the living room (already tore out the kitchen ceramic tile ourselves), then laid the majority of the hallway, closets and part of the living room the first day.  Yesterday they came and finished the rest, but have to come today to do all the trim work. 

They did a fantastic job and I think I'll really like it.  Just have to get used to such a large area to dust, clean all at once,( as before it was devided with carpet and tile). 

Sounds beautiful.

Valued Contributor

Thanks a lot.   Just having to deal with putting everything back, as it's stored all over my house....And the dust!!...Have dusted several times and it's still infiltrating my house.  But it will decrease every day that I dust/wipe everything.  Hubby also changed the furnace filter, which will help,too. 

It's amazing how much dust is created from cutting into drywall/wood/flooring, etc. 

I was also suprised how fast the contractors work. 

It took approximately 3 weeks to get everything done once they started. 

I thought I'd be in this mess for 3 months, but 3 weeks isn't so bad....

The only thing I'm waiting on now is my new stove,. is arriving tomorrow.  Been without for about 2 weeks now..cooking on a hot plate is not my cup of tea....but managed...Very happy now!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to thank you for all the helpful information about vinyl flooring.  I talked to my contractor today who brought me a lot of rather large samples of an enhanced luxury vinyl floor boards.  I had decided that I wanted a warm medium golden brown color and I found exactly what I wanted.  It looks exactly like wood with all the different striations.  If I had not been told that it was vinyl, I would have thought it was wood.

He probably won't be able to do it before June, but that is okay.  That gives me time to go through all my drawers and shelves and give away all the things I haven't used in a long time.

Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

This sample comes very close to what I am getting.  Can't find the exact thing on line.

Respected Contributor

Have you seen tile that is the same size/look as wooden flooring?  It really looks nice even though it's not in our home.

The key is to have a thin grout line and it will look like a wood floor. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

This sample comes very close to what I am getting.  Can't find the exact thing on line.

Very nice. It will look beautiful.

Honored Contributor
@CLEM, very nice. I'm sure you will enjoy the flooring. And June will be here before we know it, time flies by so fast. I am using vinyl plank flooring for my downstairs hall and bathroom. It takes a beating from everyone coming in and out from the pool, so I need something durable, that wet feet won't harm. I am hoping to get it down in the next couple weeks, don't know exactly when, I already have it home, so whenever I get to it.
"To each their own, in all things".