BBUguKj.jpg

BBUguL6.jpg

BBUguLb.jpg

BBUgxA6.jpg

BBUgxAz.jpg

BBUgxBl.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage Items Worth $$$$

I had the Samsonite luggage many years ago.  Mine was the ivory/tan-ish color.  Also had a few of the Christmas ornaments shown.  No longer have any of these items.

Honored Contributor

My parents had the green luggage and I have a lot of the mason jars with zinc lids, I use them a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

My mother's luggage.

Honored Contributor

I love the ornaments.  My mother had ornaments like that.  I guess they got broken over the years, because none are left.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Definitely the typewriter and Christmas ornaments! Thanks for posting,

https://minougirl.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/happy-friday.jpg

Honored Contributor

I remember them all.  Dad carried a black lunch box like that to work for years.  My parents also had the luggage but theirs was an ugly tan.  Our ornaments are long gone.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

We had a similar typewriter, then an IBM electric Quietwriter in the 80's.  My mother still has her old ornaments given to her by her mother.  

That style Samsonite luggage is so well-known, it's hard to remember whether I saw them when they were popular or at flea markets later.  Same with this style mason jars.  Don't remember anything else.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

My mom has tons of those mason jars.  She just sold them last year.  We use to have those oraments too.  I had a very similar sewing machine.  Funny story - it was my grandmothers and given to me when I had my first kid.  Someone thought I would learn how to sew since I was a parent then.  I've never learned how to sew and had no use for the sewing machine.  I think I donated it years ago after it sat and collected dust for years in our house - someone probably got a great bargain.

Honored Contributor

Most vintage stuff is just losing value day by day.  It's amazing what you can buy some formerly very expensive things for very little now.

Myself?  I have gotten rid of lots of things like the above and to tell the truth, I pretty much don't miss them.  I've unloaded four housefuls so far, and every time I'm less and less nostalgic about so much of it.  

Suitcases, old fans, glassware, etc.