Respected Contributor

Re: Victorian House In Napa CA

I live in a large stone Victorian house here in Philly.  I have a wrap-around porch, a tower, parquet wood floors with a different pattern in each room, four lovely carved fireplace mantels, a gorgeous staircase, a clawfoot tub, and so forth.

Yes, the house requires a lot of work and upkeep, hours of cleaning, and frequent monetary investments, but we knew that before we purchased our home.

Every day I live here I count my blessings, and I am filled with happiness at the uniqueness and beauty of the design, architecture, and decor.

I LOVE my Victorian house.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I'm not usually a fan of the Victorian style homes.  One section of our city are all historial Victorians.  Owners need approval to paint exteriors so they meet the historical standards.  Going by this, the homes mostly are pastel or very bright.  So, in your photo, it appears to be a weathered look that I've not seen before.  I like the weathered look & some of the exterior details.  I've been in a couple of the Victorians & felt so closed in .. all dark wood, very small rooms, but well-kept.  There are a few newer ones in our city probably have larger rooms.

Honored Contributor

Yes it is Grand and Gorgeous!

We previously lived in a Historic Suburb in Pennsylvania and these grand homes surrounded us. I took many a tour of the homes and loved every minute of it.

Respected Contributor

Those are beauties!. Imagine cleaning those windows😄
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I like this and though I would never want to live in one, own one or have the upkeep required of one, I think this one is simplistically pretty.  I like the fact that they have not chosen the usual several-colored Victorian paints for the exterior.

We have one in our area that looks almost identical in architecture to this but it is painted 4-5 colors and had been turned into a restaurant/tea room but when the economy went down with the Coronavirus, more people eating in fast-food restaurants, not working in the vicinity and others not wanting to risk their lives for socializing for afternoon tea and social fare, the lady who owned it, closed down and is venturing into a botique business, selling off her wares and creating a new business.  Unfortunately, the upkeep without the income was too much and it's a shame.  It was an iconic spot in the midst of a busy suburban area. I hope they never tear the house down as it is iconic. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow what a stunner! 

Honored Contributor

Very cool!

Honored Contributor

Very beautiful and would love to see the inside, but I would never live in a Victorian, just not my style of home. They are very pretty though!

Honored Contributor

I don't like the exterior on the first house posted. Not a fan of the large circular cutout or the bulbous tower. I like the architecture of the pink house more. 

Esteemed Contributor

What treasures!! Thank you for sharing. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau