Honored Contributor

The artistry of this bed is superb and does look like a museum piece. While I admire the workmanship I wouldn't have it as part of my decor as it is too ornate and belongs in a castle. However, it is impressive.

Trusted Contributor

Just knew when I saw the word "ornate" in the subject line, I'd not like it.  Have to say I can't remember ever seeing something as ugly as this.  I like the birds/ducks? at the bottom of the foot rest - but as separate decorative pcs. in a cozy area.  Can't imagine anyone wanting to sleep there.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Break out the Swiffer.  

Respected Contributor

Very interesting bed.  Lola finds the most unusual pictures and I enjoy seeing all the different things out there. 

While not for the majority of us, This is a great addition to a highceiling room in a large older ornate home filled with antiques. 

I had a friend to lived in such a home that had been in her family for a couple generations.  That was the first time I ever saw a bed that the headboard reached almost to the ceiling.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, they is carved isn’t it?  Not for me. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Absolutely hideous. I did a quick glance around the room to see if King Henry VIII was lurking somewhere. 

@gidgetgh- This is hilarious!  I was about to post "Perhaps this is a hunting lodge of King Henry VIII?"  Great minds think alike.

I think it's awful.  No way would I stay in that room, unless it was the only place available and I had no way to get home.  On second thought, no, I'd rather stay outside.  Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Looks almost like it could be an adult version of that crib in Rosemary's Baby movie....scary-looking to me.

Honored Contributor

Amazing detail but a bit of a monstrosity... I could maybe see this in some sort of archaic manor house...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
Hideous!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor
Nightmares😱