Honored Contributor

Vermont barn, Gil Schafer design

[ Edited ]

I found reference to this charming home on the site of Tessa Foley, a blogger featured in the new issue of Victoria magazine.  The blog is called Nine and Sixteen.  She writes that she loves the work of Gil Schafer, and especially this newly featured barn in Vermont used by a large family for its many gatherings.

Sturdy and practical are words that come to mind.  It would be fun to visit.  Vermont, snow, nature, fresh air, stillness.

ETA: I forgot to mention that the Vermont barn is featured in the latest issue of Veranda magazine, while the blogger's own home is featured in Victoria magazine.  It's pretty, so I'll post a separate thread on it.

gil-schafer-vermont-party-barn-veranda

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Vermont barn, Gil Schafer design

A cozy weekend cottage.....peaceful and charming.  Thanks for the moment of tranquillity.

Honored Contributor

Like this house a lot.  Don't like open shelves in the kitchen, though.  Also, think it needs some color.  

The entryway is perfect. 

Love the wooden walls, beams, and fireplace, not so much the furniture and rug in that room.  I see deep rich colors in this house.  

Honored Contributor

This says Winter Vacation Home to me. Very inviting and cozy. I love the colors and the peaceful flow of the home.

Honored Contributor

Oh, boy, that rustic feeling they achieve is wonderful!  Still seems cozy despite baronial proportions and vaulted ceilings....   Such a nice blend of the old and traditional, with modern comfort.   So well done.

Honored Contributor

I hoped you'd like it, @Oznell 

I was afraid maybe you'd posted one of his featured homes before, so was a bit hesitant about posting.  But nothing came up, so I thought I'd go ahead.  My favorite is that side piece.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Beautiful, comfortable, warm and inviting, I love this home and could move right in!!!!

Super Contributor

The entire wooden theme looks great. And, the clear blue sky backdrop just steals the show at once; what a picture!!

Honored Contributor

It’s ok for a weekend or vacation, but I wouldn’t want to live there. I am not a fan of barn, farmhouse, or rustic styles & decor. 

Respected Contributor

What a lovely place. I really like it.