Trusted Contributor

Re: Vermont Country Store. Nightmare.

They have an A+ rating on BBB.  Maybe you should report your experience to BBB.

@colliemom4 wrote:

They have some bad reviews on the BBB website. I've never purchased from them before.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candyagain wrote:

Yeah, no longer a customer. All of a sudden I couldn't "see" their website to order something I've ordered before. I emailed customer service for help. The rep was okay. Got back to me with the answer that it must be both of my browsers. Said their IT dept would get back to me. That was awhile ago.

Meanwhile saving money and wondering why they are the only website in the hundreds I visit with this problem....I don't think it's me.

@candyagain  @geezerette 

I know this thread is more about the lack of customer service for the Vermont Country Store.....But since their tech people have ignored you This is for the Chrome Browser--Enter their webaddress, then click the little padlock by the Vermont Country store website address and then click SITE SETTINGS scroll down when you get to that page check for FLASH and see if it shows BLOCKED, change it to ALLOW and then go back and reload the page and see if that was the problem with the browser and if that website still uses Flash...It should change it for that sessin only....

For Microsoft Edge click SITE PERMISSIONS to find Flash....

Here's what Firefox says: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-blocklists

These instructions will not work for Mac or Iphone

Sometimes for certain websites you have to enable flash it will work for just that one website session only... (so glad that Flash is going away at the end of 2020 it wrecks havoc with browsers).....Sometimes trying another browser helps too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Nostalgia only goes so far. Their prices have always been ludicrous and if their service matches their prices, then yes, that's one catalog I can begin tossing without looking... Too many businesses are struggling to reward those that don't deserve to be rewarded with our patronage...

@stevieb 

You NAILED IT!!!  There are so few places that provide good customer service these days, that when I do find a business that still delivers it I support it whole-heartedly and recommend it to friends/neighbors/co-workers etc....And the same with those I've had bad experiences with too....

And all this poor Customer Service occurred long before .... in fact years before ....the pandemic....Do people just HATE their jobs that much or what...or do they just dont want to work at all....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

A few things:

When you call their CS number, you may or may NOT get CS. I was informed, repeatedly, that their ORDER TAKERS answer the CS number and then inform the customer that CS is busy so they'll "make a note and have someone call you in 24 hours".  I have done this more than 8 times with NO return call. The only reason I was able to get a CS rep was due to calling very early in the morning, otherwise, I have never reached someone. 

I've used their Live Chat. I'm told "so sorry. Yes, we're doing the best we can. Someone will call you back".  Nobody calls.

I've used their customer service email. In fact, I sent what I posted here to them and received a form letter response repeating what I've been told when I leave a message with the Order Takers:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Customer Service is our number 1 priority. Someone will be in touch soon.

That's it. DID cut and paste what I wrote in my original post on their Facebook page. Notice that EVERYTHING there is happiness and sunshine and raves. My post lasted MAYBE 5 minutes (or less) and then it was poofed. I don't have Instagram or I would have posted there but I think it would have been removed as well.

I just want my $135 back, thank you very much. I'll call again in the morning and continue to do so daily until I see the refund. Shame, as I've ordered for years from them without issue...never had to return something until now. Obviously being a long-standing customer means nothing (my parents used to order from them in 70's. They had candy my Dad loved and soap my grandmother remembered from her childhood going WAY back). Won't order from them again.

@FiddleDeeDee 

Sometimes filing an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau helps.....at least the BBB will be on their back to make sure you get a reply other than a form letter response from the company....but be prepared sometimes the company STILL doesnt give a darn....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

Yeah, no longer a customer. All of a sudden I couldn't "see" their website to order something I've ordered before. I emailed customer service for help. The rep was okay. Got back to me with the answer that it must be both of my browsers. Said their IT dept would get back to me. That was awhile ago.

Meanwhile saving money and wondering why they are the only website in the hundreds I visit with this problem....I don't think it's me.

@candyagain  @geezerette 

I know this thread is more about the lack of customer service for the Vermont Country Store.....But since their tech people have ignored you..Enter their webaddress, then click the little padlock by the Vermont Country store website address and then click SITE SETTINGS when you get to that page check for FLASH and see if it shows BLOCKED, change it to ALLOW and then go back and reload the page and see if that was the problem with the browser and if that website still uses Flash....Sometimes for certain websites you have to enable flash.... (so glad that Flash is going away at the end of 2020 it wrecks havoc with browsers).....Sometimes trying another browser helps too.....

@Spurt 

Although my complaint wasn't for Vermont Country Store, I did try what you suggested on my problematic site.  I didn't get anything about "Flash", but I did unblock it from my pop up blocking.  That didn't work though.  Which is fine because I'm done with that company. 

Thanks for trying to help, though!👍

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@candyagain  @geezerette 

I know this thread is more about the lack of customer service for the Vermont Country Store.....But since their tech people have ignored you..Enter their webaddress, then click the little padlock by the Vermont Country store website address and then click SITE SETTINGS when you get to that page check for FLASH and see if it shows BLOCKED, change it to ALLOW and then go back and reload the page and see if that was the problem with the browser and if that website still uses Flash....Sometimes for certain websites you have to enable flash.... (so glad that Flash is going away at the end of 2020 it wrecks havoc with browsers).....Sometimes trying another browser helps too.....

@Spurt 

Although my complaint wasn't for Vermont Country Store, I did try what you suggested on my problematic site.  I didn't get anything about "Flash", but I did unblock it from my pop up blocking.  That didn't work though.  Which is fine because I'm done with that company. 

Thanks for trying to help, though!👍

@geezerette 

Sorry it didnt work.....

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee     Interesting you should post this now. I recently had the very same experience. Was so disappointed with the "aw shucks" verbage when I called, that I asked Vermont Country Store to simply refund my money AND remove my name/address from ALL mailing (email and USPS) lists!

I was receiving too many catalogs from them and simply wasn't interested, but the "down home country attitude" was too hillbilly for me! I didn't find it welcoming at all. Nor do I use 90% of the cwap they sell. Once I no longer receive all those catalogs in the mail, I wonder about the trees VCS continues to destroy. Do they have a massive tree farm which they replant? I have no respect for that company!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Nostalgia only goes so far. Their prices have always been ludicrous and if their service matches their prices, then yes, that's one catalog I can begin tossing without looking... Too many businesses are struggling to reward those that don't deserve to be rewarded with our patronage...

@stevieb 

You NAILED IT!!!  There are so few places that provide good customer service these days, that when I do find a business that still delivers it I support it whole-heartedly and recommend it to friends/neighbors/co-workers etc....And the same with those I've had bad experiences with too....

And all this poor Customer Service occurred long before .... in fact years before ....the pandemic....Do people just HATE their jobs that much or what...or do they just dont want to work at all....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt  Amen sister... I'll not say the pandemic hasn't challenged the capacity to offer solid CS, but I'm convinced that in some instances it's being used as an excuse for shoddy service and will continue to be used as an excuse for never again fully stepping up to the plate and serving customers... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Unless you plan to return the candy, I would go ahead and order it. My issue revolves around the returning of an item (and it would appear others have had the same issue) not ordering (though I had issues with that as well, lol). If the candy is stale or they send you the wrong candy, well then... you may encounter the same problem.

@stevieb I 110% agree that companies are using COVID as an EXCUSE for basic horrible customer service. Why? Because there are companies that DO get your order in a fast and accurate manner. Because there are companies that DO provide excellent service in all areas. If they can, then there is no reason others can NOT. BTW, this applies to services separate from  online orders. Doctors, contractors, county offices, etc.....this is an excuse used when there is no reason to. In the end, it's OUR money paying for the SERVICE. Make it known.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

They have an A+ rating on BBB.  Maybe you should report your experience to BBB.

@colliemom4 wrote:

They have some bad reviews on the BBB website. I've never purchased from them before.

@henderson  It's weird because I typed in BBB the Vermont Country Store customer reviews and a page came up with some reviews, many of them bad. However I have also seen the A rating.