Regular Contributor

Re: Vermont Country Store. Nightmare.

When cousins from NJ visited me here in NH (last year), I took them to the Vt. Country Store.

The store is fun to look thru but everything was WAY overpriced.

I didn't buy a thing bu tthe Cousins bought a few things.

Trusted Contributor

Just tossed my catalog in the trash. Their prices are way high. 

Trusted Contributor

Follow up:

So I, again, called CS early this morning and after on hold for 15 minutes, was picked up someone IN CS. Gave my info and then attempted to tell her why I was calling (because she asked) when she said "You need to give me time to read all the notes, THANK YOU."

Ok, witch. And so I waited. 

Then she said "I don't understand any of these notes so why are you calling?"

Lol. Ok then....so I told her. She gave me the refund but made it clear that I probably won't see it UNTIL next Friday 10/23 due to how they process returns. If I don't see it by then, call them back. Yeah. Great.

So, it will be almost 40 days since I mailed it before I get my refund. At least they have done the return and I'm grateful for that.  

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

Yeah, no longer a customer. All of a sudden I couldn't "see" their website to order something I've ordered before. I emailed customer service for help. The rep was okay. Got back to me with the answer that it must be both of my browsers. Said their IT dept would get back to me. That was awhile ago.

Meanwhile saving money and wondering why they are the only website in the hundreds I visit with this problem....I don't think it's me.

@candyagain  @geezerette 

I know this thread is more about the lack of customer service for the Vermont Country Store.....But since their tech people have ignored you This is for the Chrome Browser--Enter their webaddress, then click the little padlock by the Vermont Country store website address and then click SITE SETTINGS scroll down when you get to that page check for FLASH and see if it shows BLOCKED, change it to ALLOW and then go back and reload the page and see if that was the problem with the browser and if that website still uses Flash...It should change it for that sessin only....

For Microsoft Edge click SITE PERMISSIONS to find Flash....

Here's what Firefox says: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-blocklists

These instructions will not work for Mac or Iphone

Sometimes for certain websites you have to enable flash it will work for just that one website session only... (so glad that Flash is going away at the end of 2020 it wrecks havoc with browsers).....Sometimes trying another browser helps too.....

Thank you for taking time to assist me. Unfortunately I have a MacAir laptop. I use Firefox and sometimes Safari. I'll check the browser versions but I've been able to view the Vermont website on another Mac with both of those browsers.  I'll also check my settings, didn't think of that. Also, dislike Flash. It may be that Apple blocks some websites due to that. I do get occasional messages about some websites slowing my viewing.

Thank you again for your help. Very nice of you!

Occasional Contributor

I do not shop from this catalog anymore because their prices are too high, and their shipping is ridiculous!!!
Valued Contributor

Have never had a problem with them.  Their items and shipping are expensive but sometimes can not be found anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

@toria

That's been my experience also.  Never had an issue.

-----------------------------------------

@toria wrote:

Have never had a problem with them.  Their items and shipping are expensive but sometimes can not be found anywhere else.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee, my experience shopping with VCS was similar to yours.

They have a great item - privacy sheer curtains which surprisingly aren't overpriced. Anyway, I wasn't sure if I wanted white or off white, so ordered both, figuring I'd return the ones that didn't work.

Neither curtain worked. The white was an 'ice white', and the off white were a pale yellow.

Had to return both.

What's interesting is that on the enclosed order sheet it says that returns are simple. Just fill out the enclosed form and mail back.

But NEITHER set came with a return form.

I'm convinced that it's purposeful!

So, I called CS to ask for return forms, and had to sit through 45 minutes of down home, country blather.

Get this!

When I asked the rep to email me some return forms, she said they "don't have that capability", and that she'd have to snail mail me the forms.

What??? In 2020?!

So I waited. Got the forms a week later, and mailed the curtains back.

ONE MONTH later, I called to ask the status of my return and the rep stated that they hadn't received the curtains yet, (???) but not to worry, they were probably on hold in their warehouse somewhere. She said that they tend to run a few months behind on returns and even longer on refunds.

Really?!

Two months later, I got my refund. I'll never shop with them again.

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

@sabatini Not surprised at all. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"