Honored Contributor

Re: Vanilla LR With a Dash of Orange Extract

I'm craving a glass of orange juice, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@lolakimono, is that a Sarah Richardson bedroom?   It looks like something she would do 

@Bri36

Not to my knowledge.  The LR in the OP is a SR room though.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36

I went back and looked it up:

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@stevieb

@lolakimono Well, I understand it wouldn't be for everybody, but I love this room... Of course, I like orange (even though it's not my very favorite color) but I also like all the elements that compose this room... While I've never shied away from color, I did used to opt for 'barely there' choices like pale lilac and pale aqua, but when I moved into my current place, the living and dining rooms went a mid-tone sage-olive green and the kitchen is pumpkin spice... I've not grown tired of either, maybe because the rest of the rooms are a bit less colorful...

Woman Very Happy

Thanks for posting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I could live in the first room. If I tired of the orange, I could just change out the accessories.

The bedroom is a bit too much for me. I think I would tire of that color quickly

Respected Contributor

Not for me--I couldn't live with all that white.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I got over orange in decorating after seeing it so much in the 70's....LOL

Respected Contributor

Pretty to look at but not livable for me. I could never keep the sofa and chairs clean. I like to look at these arrangements for inspiration and have discovered that orange and its varied hues fun to work with. It looks great with taupe, grey, denim, purple, yellow, lime green...many colors.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono.    Now that room looks very nice.  White covered chairs get dirty quickly.  I had off white covers on my sofa and changed to khaki because it shows less dust/dirt.   I now cover my sofa with a khaki color flat sheet.  If I expect company, I will take it off.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The bedroom in orange and white would make me dizzy.  The wallpaper is too loud of a pattern.  I like orange as an accent not all over the walls and on the bed!

kindness is strength