Honored Contributor

Re: Vanilla LR With a Dash of Orange Extract

@I am still oxox wrote:

The white is too stark and the orange is too jaring

I would think having white would be too stressful to keep clean.  I like the look but it would not be something I would want.

Honored Contributor

I know, right?   I do love color, and am particularly drawn to reds.   With everything you've posted, my likes are the rooms with clean, simple lines, color-subtle or bold, and very little extras.   I absolutely hate pillows and lamps.   

Honored Contributor

Well done.  The orange bowl on the coffee table is very nice.

The color in this room could be easily changed because the orange is only an accent.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the space not the decorating!! Would like a cozier look & feel!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono In the way of an update, I have two of SR's books and pulled them out to find that one reason this room stuck with me is that I'd seen it before... It turns out, this was the first incarnation of the main living room in Sarah's own primary home. In the same book she shows how she updated the home and changed out quite a bit, so that the living room upate bears very little resemblence to the 'orange' room... She went quite upscale, but also quite stark. All the orange and what little warmth there was in the original room is pretty much gone... Both nice looking rooms, in their way... While neither would be for me, I actually preferred the 'before' version to the 'after'...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb

You might like the looks of this bath-

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono... How nice of you to post... I do love orange... and I like this bathroom... and I like the rug... it's just that there are too many of them !! I think I'd have preferred to see just one larger rug with maybe one smaller one in front of the sink...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Too modern!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono, is that a Sarah Richardson bedroom?   It looks like something she would do