Esteemed Contributor

There's a picture in the TSV forum.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

What are they for?

Honored Contributor
On 2/16/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 2/2/2014 stevieb said:

Unless these present better than they look in the photographs, this will be the odd Valerie TSV in which I have little interest.

Same here...it will be interesting to see how well they will sell...

Count me among you. From the first time I heard about these and saw them a while back, I wondered why...?

Wink

Seems like a classic case of QVC working with a vendor to try to replicate the success of an item that proved to really take off. Unfortunately, these, to me, don't hold nearly the appeal of her lit spheres... Frankly, they strike me as rather pointless. Still, I'll be interested to see them presented and like Susan, to see how they sell.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I hope they show better than they have on the website...I could have used a few sets of them if they are done well. Especially on my screened in porch, and odd nooks in the house.

I'll be up when they come on just in case...

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I have two reservations with these. First, the mercury glass I have purchased thus far has been lacking. You can see the "inner workings" of the lit pieces when up close, and the lighting is very very dim. Need to be in almost total darkness to tell they are lit.

These jars are just ok, especially when you look at the "afterthought" clear flat lids. They look like a cheap last minute idea to top the jar.

That said, I'm sure that in the upcoming weeks, someone will post some pics on Valerie's FB page that shows them in use looking really nice. I was amazed at some of the pics people posted of the spheres, as I don't care for them for myself, but saw a couple of postings where they were so well displayed. The presentation was even better than Valerie's.

Frequent Contributor
On 2/17/2014 desperate-housewife said:

memyselfandI, I bought all the colors of these and plan to use them in a similar way as you mentioned. I live in the south and give 'porch parties' sometimes (which really include our backyard entertaining pavilion as well), and I will hang these to add a festive feel to those, and also to use as centerpieces on the tables we set up. I plan on getting some of the coordinating sphere sets to use for this purpose as well. I understand that these aren't for everyone, but I think more people will favor them once they see them presented. (I can see how they could be a nice touch at a spring/summer wedding also.)

LOVE the wedding idea. That would be stunning, wouldn't it?

I have the spheres in my garden (living in the north, I can't even see my garden and pond right now but I have great hopes!!!) which acts as a backdrop for the area where we spend summer nights when nice. I know not everyone likes all the light up everything but the sparkling light acts magical and I have quite a few of the fairy homes from Plow and Hearth in the garden and pond area so it really adds to the theme of the whole area and certainly to a mid-summers night party. I did end up ordering two more sets and it the lights that come with them fail, I can add a tealight candle or I have other battery operated candles. Now if we just got above freezing........

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/18/2014 mominohio said:

I have two reservations with these. First, the mercury glass I have purchased thus far has been lacking. You can see the "inner workings" of the lit pieces when up close, and the lighting is very very dim. Need to be in almost total darkness to tell they are lit.

These jars are just ok, especially when you look at the "afterthought" clear flat lids. They look like a cheap last minute idea to top the jar.

That said, I'm sure that in the upcoming weeks, someone will post some pics on Valerie's FB page that shows them in use looking really nice. I was amazed at some of the pics people posted of the spheres, as I don't care for them for myself, but saw a couple of postings where they were so well displayed. The presentation was even better than Valerie's.

mominohio, I have felt the same way about the lid on the jars since the first time I saw a picture. I don't dislike the jars as a whole or the concept of them, but the mismatched lid really bugs me. A thread pattern on the jar and a push-on lid just don't match. I know it was done as a practical solution to make the jar waterproof outdoors, but I think it was a poor design choice. I know the TSV is over now, but adding my thoughts to yours in case buyers are reading. Details do make a difference.