Honored Contributor

wrote:

If I like something I don't care where its made. I have about 2000 Boyds Bears in my collection,from China and they are so beautifully made, I adore them.  I find alot of Valeries things just adorable, been buying her things for as long as she's been on. Good luck with finding anything as cute as she has, made in America. I love my country, but we don't make things like that , or I've never seen them.  

ITA. I've been looking for some boxwood trees like this and VPH has the best price for them. They are almost twice her cost anywhere I've looked and not many places carry them in a 3-foot size.

h213728.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

items from China...

DS girlfriend went home to Japan for Christmas. She brought us some gifts. I was surprised to read the labels: Made in China  

She also brought me some yummy Japanese cookies & Shiseido skin care.

Valued Contributor

There are very few things in any store that doesn't come from China in regards to decor. 

I haven't been in Hobby Lobby for over a year now, but when I'd go in, I think to myself, is this the scents of China?? There is that certain smell, even when I'd open a box from Valerie, it would be that same scent.

The Chinese factories would throw me for a quick curve when they stamp the stuff PRC.

There is some good quality things coming from China, but there is usually that scent, regardless.

Honored Contributor

Meh——- not a fan of the dust catchers and fake stuff. Much too cutesy, non functional stuff for me.

Respected Contributor

I just bought my first Valerie item (spring wreath) and was somewhat disappointed.  I don't mind paying for stuff but I felt like I didn't get my money's worth.  Now to decide whether to keep or return.  

24" Spring Raspberry Rose and Magnolia Wreath by Valerie - H213721

It doesn't look as full as this picture.  

Honored Contributor

I do like Valerie and some of her things but the Sisal items are way overpriced IMO.

I was in Home Goods, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and AC Moore recently and they were significantly less expensive. I bought a few items and they were all under $12 each. One bunny was $6.

Respected Contributor

I took a quick look but see that most of the items, in my opinion, are overpriced. With the shipping added, there isn't much hope that I will be purchasing. I love cute things but I also love a bargain.

Honored Contributor

Was never a fan of her stuff--too frou-frou for me and don't like the fake plants or the sparkle. I consider it all dust collecters and I HATE  to dust!!