Super Contributor

Candle rings, napkin rings, horse lamp sold out.

I believe I saw the two door cabinets sold out as well.

Don't kno what's wrong with me; her tablescapes and mantles did not appeal this year like they did last year.

Honored Contributor

The only glitter I saw was on the "glitter" turkey!

Oh well, I guess if the candles rings are sold out, then that answers my question, LOL!

Honored Contributor
On 9/9/2014 whitelinen said:

Don't kno what's wrong with me; her tablescapes and mantles did not appeal this year like they did last year.

I felt the same way, whitelinen. It just seemed like there was far too much glitter, color and décor that I couldn't imagine it in my home. It was a fast paced show and maybe they grouped it to save time, but I didn't buy anything, which is unusual for me. I'd like to get the set of three pedestals in Silver, have the Gold from last year.

Esteemed Contributor

I have felt the same about the entire set for a while now.

Disclaimer: I do like mercury glass in decor. I think part of what I am not liking is the abundance of reflective items on the set, mainly mercury glass, which are reflecting studio lights, monitors, and everything else, and they are creating a visually cluttered look to me.

Another thing is that I notice the large number of small things interspersed everywhere, like pumpkins, spheres, glass candles, etc. There are so many items they are trying to feature (understandably!) on their set, that it is hard for my eyes to follow everything.

I can remember when I first started reading here and watching the shows. I loved almost every set throughout the year. I couldn't wait to see the set! I wonder if there are photos out there of those older sets? I'd love to see them again. ETA--Some of the sets I remember might have been featured on Valerie's original facebook page. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. When she had to start fresh with the other page to accomodate the volume, I guess all of that was lost?

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to own the cupboard in either red or teal. It's a want, not a need. I was disappointed to learn that the teal is actually more green.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/9/2014 Hooty said:

The only glitter I saw was on the "glitter" turkey!

Oh well, I guess if the candles rings are sold out, then that answers my question, LOL!

If you have Michaels nearby, check there for berry items.

Honored Contributor
On 9/9/2014 SHOPR said:

Disclaimer: I do like mercury glass in decor. I think part of what I am not liking is the abundance of reflective items on the set, mainly mercury glass, which are reflecting studio lights, monitors, and everything else, and they are creating a visually cluttered look to me.

Another thing is that I notice the large number of small things interspersed everywhere, like pumpkins, spheres, glass candles, etc. There are so many items they are trying to feature (understandably!) on their set, that it is hard for my eyes to follow everything.

I can remember when I first started reading here and watching the shows. I loved almost every set throughout the year. I couldn't wait to see the set! I wonder if there are photos out there of those older sets? I'd love to see them again. ETA--Some of the sets I remember might have been featured on Valerie's original facebook page. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. When she had to start fresh with the other page to accomodate the volume, I guess all of that was lost.?

I'm glad someone else notices the clutter now. Back some years ago I could watch Valerie's sets and know how it would look in my home. Now, I honestly can't sort the items from each other. She has beautiful items but too much on the tables at the same time. I'm sure they are trying to show a lot of items in the time slot and find it necessary to do that.

Honored Contributor
On 9/9/2014 Hooty said:

Mousiegirl, your home is going to look beautiful!

I'm still debating on the candle rings, I think they may be too big for the candles I am planning on using!

I havn't decorated for Fall much, but decided to this year, so these berry items will go in my kitchen, should liven it up. Smiley Happy I mostly have Christmas decorations, too many. I have Valerie's Fall hydrangea garlands, love them, for the dining room. I plan to use the candle rings on Valerie's lit pillar pedestals, which are wide on top, so hopefully the rings will fit well.

Respected Contributor

I was really interested in the Turkey but it just had too much glitter on it. The only item I bought was the pilgrim couple. I contemplated getting the six pilgrims that spelled out Thanks but some of the reviews said that the painting wasn't that good on them. When I zoomed in on them the faces did not seem very defined.

I would have loved to have the cabinet but I just couldn't think of any place in my home to put it. I have bought several other cabinets from Valerie and they are so well made.

Super Contributor
On 9/9/2014 SHOPR said:

I can remember when I first started reading here and watching the shows. I loved almost every set throughout the year. I couldn't wait to see the set! I wonder if there are photos out there of those older sets? I'd love to see them again. ETA--Some of the sets I remember might have been featured on Valerie's original facebook page. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. When she had to start fresh with the other page to accomodate the volume, I guess all of that was lost?

SHOPR you captured my thoughts, exactly.

It's too much of a good thing. I agree about previous years sets. Last year's fall tables and vignettes were more appealing to me, possibly because there was less clutter.

I watched her latest show on DVR and there was so much color it was hard to focus.

You might try Googling, using different phrases. I'm sure it's still out there. I will take a look.