Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie's upcoming TSV is a

Please, someone talk me out of the silver and blue mercury glass spheres!!  I know my one dog will sit there and stare at them for hours, he loves lights that blink and glo!!  Yes, I've got to quit watching now!

Trusted Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

Please, someone talk me out of the silver and blue mercury glass spheres!!  I know my one dog will sit there and stare at them for hours, he loves lights that blink and glo!!  Yes, I've got to quit watching now!

Boy have you come to the wrong place. We aren't good about talking anyone out of anything.  In fact, we've been known to have credit cards explode!!   

I actually don't have the spheres. Mercury glass is not a good option for me as I have 2 huge dogs that are like having bulls in a china shop.  I try to keep my glass items to a minimum so that they can be kept far away from flailing tails and besides they would probably think they are balls they can play with which would not be a good thing.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

What a fun day so far!  So far I have purchased the Church Cloche, H20646 S/3 Shimmering Glitter Rings that will look stunning with my LR picks from last year and 2 sets of H205282 for my staff gifts.  I really want the Gingerbread Cloche but I used VPH's little houses from last year in LR's cloche so it makes no sense to get the one for this year.  Or does it?!?!  I knew I should have worked today, lol!  

Hi BTS...I love the GB cloche too but like you I made mine up last year with Lisas cloche so won't be ordering it.  I even sat and told myself that I could use it in the kitchen.  Now how is that for reasoning.  LOL.   I fix up one in the kitchen that has 2 GB people in it with gum drips in with them and my 3rd GB kid sitting on the outside.  Bad part about that one is, everytime  Mr Crazy or I walk past it, we want to steal a gum drop. So DON'T need another one for the kitchen.

I had a Xmas  pot luck for my quilt group last year and one of the ladies said "How on earth do you do anything in this kitchen"   Guess she thought I  had too many   things sitting around.   Oh well, not asking her to help get them out or put them away.  And who wants to cook anyway  LOL.

Stay stron on ordering Valeries GB cloche.

JPC

Ah Ha!!  So it was you sending me GB cloche vibes all the way down here in simmering south fla to get that cloche!  So far I've come up with; it's smaller, I don't have a cloche in my kitchen ( your idea!), I need it in case I break my one from last year, DH might use the dome as an ice scooper & break it, etc. BTW, Mr. Crazy will be protesting this year if you do not have gumdrops accessible, lol.  Also, I am at the point in my life I do any/all things that make me happy.  I have earned that right as we have all paid our dues.  I would have taken the quilting lady to my storage area; that would have dispelled any thoughts your kitchen is too busy!  She would have deemed you as a minimalist!  Now I am trying to rationalize the Santa cloche....I'm hopeless!

Regular Contributor

Good morning everyone. OK, I admit it, I caved and bought the snowman and gingerbread cloche. I already told everyone in an earlier post, that I bought the church and carolers. But, at age 69 (going on 10) I rationalized that I will be giving these to my daughters and grand-daughters. It worked. I even went so far, in my thought process, to label the bottom of each cloche with their names. That worked to. But, I'm done, really, I am. HELP.

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

What a fun day so far!  So far I have purchased the Church Cloche, H20646 S/3 Shimmering Glitter Rings that will look stunning with my LR picks from last year and 2 sets of H205282 for my staff gifts.  I really want the Gingerbread Cloche but I used VPH's little houses from last year in LR's cloche so it makes no sense to get the one for this year.  Or does it?!?!  I knew I should have worked today, lol!  

Hi BTS...I love the GB cloche too but like you I made mine up last year with Lisas cloche so won't be ordering it.  I even sat and told myself that I could use it in the kitchen.  Now how is that for reasoning.  LOL.   I fix up one in the kitchen that has 2 GB people in it with gum drips in with them and my 3rd GB kid sitting on the outside.  Bad part about that one is, everytime  Mr Crazy or I walk past it, we want to steal a gum drop. So DON'T need another one for the kitchen.

I had a Xmas  pot luck for my quilt group last year and one of the ladies said "How on earth do you do anything in this kitchen"   Guess she thought I  had too many   things sitting around.   Oh well, not asking her to help get them out or put them away.  And who wants to cook anyway  LOL.

JPC

Ah Ha!!  So it was you sending me GB cloche vibes all the way down here in simmering south fla to get that cloche!  So far I've come up with; it's smaller, I don't have a cloche in my kitchen ( your idea!), I need it in case I break my one from last year, DH might use the dome as an ice scooper & break it, etc. BTW, Mr. Crazy will be protesting this year if you do not have gumdrops accessible, lol.  Also, I am at the point in my life I do any/all things that make me happy.  I have earned that right as we have all paid our dues.  I would have taken the quilting lady to my storage area; that would have dispelled any thoughts your kitchen is too busy!  She would have deemed you as a minimalist!  Now I am trying to rationalize the Santa cloche....I'm hopeless!

MTH....That GB cloche would look so good in your kitchen, I can see it now.    Agree about doing what makes us happy.  I have certainly paid my dues many times over.  there now do I have you convinced, I convinced myself.

The quilting lady has seen my quilting room and I  would love to know what she thought of that.   As for my storage area, wouldn't want to give her cardiac arrest.  And would never tell her how many JS pieces I have.  That would be the end. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

JPC

MTH....That GB cloche would look so good in your kitchen, I can see it now.    Agree about doing what makes us happy.  I have certainly paid my dues many times over.  there now do I have you convinced, I convinced myself.

The quilting lady has seen my quilting room and I  would love to know what she thought of that.   As for my storage area, wouldn't want to give her cardiac arrest.  And would never tell her how many JS pieces I have.  That would be the end. LOL

I do have that JS GB snowman which I display in the kitchen!!!  You might actually have to do some fast talking on that Santa too. If you remember, I was torn between the Santa and the Snowman last year.   If the same lady comes, I hope you know CPR the next time the quilting club meets at your house!! And DON"T show her the JS closet

Honored Contributor

@devababy wrote:

Good morning everyone. OK, I admit it, I caved and bought the snowman and gingerbread cloche. I already told everyone in an earlier post, that I bought the church and carolers. But, at age 69 (going on 10) I rationalized that I will be giving these to my daughters and grand-daughters. It worked. I even went so far, in my thought process, to label the bottom of each cloche with their names. That worked to. But, I'm done, really, I am. HELP.

I can't believe you are asking for help from this bunch.  You're kidding, right?  :-)  Believe me there's no help coming your way from here.  JPC used to try to control the group but now she's buying too so look out for the "exploding credit cards" as MTH says.  Enjoy your finds and the shows.

Trusted Contributor

Well..heading home finally so I hope to catch the 6:00 Valerie show.  Maybe there will be a thing or two that hasn't been shown before.   

Trusted Contributor

@MTH wrote:

Well..heading home finally so I hope to catch the 6:00 Valerie show.  Maybe there will be a thing or two that hasn't been shown before.   

You can watch MTH but don't pull out your charge card!!!!  You know I won't be.  Hoping too that there is something new to check out.

Enjoy the show

Trusted Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@MTH wrote:

You can watch MTH but don't pull out your charge card!!!!  You know I won't be.  Hoping too that there is something new to check out.

Enjoy the show

No promises but I plan on being good.