Respected Contributor

Valerie's New Cloche On eBay

I am simply amazed....the new snowman cloche is currently going for $127.50, s/h $15.98 with 20 bids.  Are you kidding me???  I never bid on anything without doing extensive research.  I feel bad for the winner who could have bought 3 for that price!  Again, truly amazing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie's New Cloche On eBay

@BornToShop wrote:

I am simply amazed....the new snowman cloche is currently going for $127.50, s/h $15.98 with 20 bids.  Are you kidding me???  I never bid on anything without doing extensive research.  I feel bad for the winner who could have bought 3 for that price!  Again, truly amazing.

OMG> That is crazy.  The bidders are definitely not doing their homework. 

Honored Contributor

I saw that listed the other day and thought someone must have bumped their heads. It is last years, and bigger and not now available but really?

Honored Contributor

Starting price was under $40, so we can't say the seller was greedy. It seems that enough people just want it that bad. I have to wonder if they know that the same thing, only smaller is available right now for less than half that price.

Honored Contributor

And it still has over three hours. Will be anxious to see what it finally goes for.

Honored Contributor

How can this be?  Surely anyone who would pay that for  a Valerie item must know she's a vendor on the Q.  You'd think they would check around first before bidding.  Maybe money is no object. 

Super Contributor

I believe this is the large one offered last year - it says from 2014. It is a lot of $$, but I suppose you can't get it elsewhere anymore so some might be willing to pay it.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

With ebay one never knows. The seller may have someone they know (family, friend etc) in on the bidding to make it go higher. It happens often. "Shill Bidding". It looks the same 2-3 people are now bidding on it...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found an auction for VPH's reindeer from last year...1 hour left and they are going for almost $74!!!

"Set of 2 Glittered Vintage Deer reindeer w/Pewter Accent Valerie Parr Hill NWT"

I got all 3 of our sets (2 silver, 1 gold) all at the 'as is' price...lol

Honored Contributor

Sold for $132.50! Someone really wanted that!

Now I wish I had bought 10 of them to sell off from last year!