Honored Contributor

Valerie's Beveled Mirror for Tabletop

Can you tell me if this is just the beveled mirror or if it has a silver trim? (Silver isn't what I want.) Looked locally for something similar and cannot find anything. Any other sources for something similar? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Beveled Mirror for Tabletop

My mom has one, and in my opinion and recollection it is all mirror, with no "trim" on it. I never thought much about it when it was presented, but since she got hers, there is so much you can do with them. Very versatile piece.

Super Contributor

I just checked mine. The top and beveled sides are a mirror. The side, which is about a 1/2 inch is a black fabric maybe a velveteen or something similar. It's very pretty and until I just looked I never noticed the side.

Esteemed Contributor

On the video, toward the end, Jill and Valerie are holding the two end pieces together in front of the fireplace. That's a good shot to see how the black velvety material comes up all the sides a little. I don't think it is extremely noticeable, at least not when used on my med/dark stained wood furniture.

I don't recall anyone saying they found these anywhere else. I'm sure you could find the single mirrors that have beveled edges in craft stores, but not sure about finding any made of multiple mirrors and with the extra height. HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been looking at Valerie's table top mirrors for two years. Love the look but not the price. I did see something similar at Bed, Bath & Beyond and PierOne. I may be too late in the season but now that I have coupons I hope to pick up one or two at those stores. They look very, very close to Valerie's and I've had good luck with the home items that I've purchased from both of those stores. I can't remember the specific prices but I think it was in the $30 range.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I have all of them, and they are beautiful. I use them on my dining room table as with the end mirrors, it is a long piece.

Super Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by silver since mirrors tend to look a silver color. There is nothing but mirror on these items except for the black velvet bottom that comes up about 3/8 inch along the bottom side. I have both the long beveled mirror and the set of two beveled mirrors. Use them every season.

Honored Contributor

Can you hang them on the wall when not being used on the tables?

Super Contributor

On 11/30/2014 ValuSkr said:

Can you hang them on the wall when not being used on the tables?

There are no hooks on the mirror backs so you would need to use some strong brackets. These mirrors are heavy.