Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess  I have a few of her wreaths and I always hang them outside.  My front stoop is not covered, except for the door; but even with the wet weather that we have had these past few months, my wreath is still looking good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I do remember Valerie stating that also................sorry for your aggravation.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess ...indoor use only would mean to me if you have a 'screen' door in front of your inside door, it would be OK,

Esteemed Contributor

Call customer service & tell them exactly what you told us about what Valerie said ....ask them to not charge you for the return & SEND IT BACK!! 🙃

Honored Contributor

My front door is pretty well protected and I use "indoor" wreaths on it all the time.  The worst that happens is that the birds pick at the artificial berries.  I also had a wren build a nest in one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I dont have a covered porch just a storm door. So what I do with my wreaths is I buy clear spray paint and lightly spray the whole wreath and I have never had an issue. Cant even tell I sprayed it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie rant

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:

I purchased Valerie’s raspberry rose wreath...she said on the video I watched online that she has it on her front door from February until fall...mine arrived today and the first thing that comes out of the box is a card that says “ indoor use only”! How misleading. I was ready to hang it on my front door this afternoon...and I have nowhere to use it inside. Too expensive and bulky to try and return...will try and sell online to a neighbor. It’s abeautiful wreath and seems well made...but I am beyond angry that I was hoodwinked like this! Was Valerie just saying something to sell her products or does this wreath survive in the elements? My porch is somewhat covered but it will get sun and humidity.

@lovesrecess 

I remember on one show she discussed it and said it would be okay on a covered porch.  I put the wreath on my front door last summer until fall. I do have a covered porch, but it's been in the Texas heat and I get the direct hot afternoon sun on my door and my wreath is fine. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have both her wreaths.  They hang on my front door which is covered by a roof -- only problem boy have they faded from the sun hitting it everyday.

I always hear her say as long as front area is covered and not exposed to rain.  They're good.

Otherwise, they are still perfect after 4 years!  

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I even went back and replayed the video to make sure I heard what I thought I did...and I was right...Valerie raving about having the wreath on her front door for months...

@lovesrecess.  Valerie often refers to her big front porch so that presumably protects her front door.  I'm sure she just wasn't thinking when she said that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a lovely collection of wreaths that I can no longer put on the outside of my door due to bird attacks.

I display all my wreaths on the inside of my front door.  I find that I enjoy them more they really brighten up my foyer.