Trusted Contributor
I like Valerie's H204896 in the pearl eggs, not the bunnies. However, I received my Home Reflections mosaic glass egg luminaries today (H204525), and I think they are far superior than Valerie's for a couple of different reasons. With the HR set, you get 3 different sizes, they glow 2 hours longer than Valerie's, and they have a color morphing or flickering, white light option on them. Valerie's bunnies are cute, but they look like they have seams splitting them in half. If you are considering purchasing Valerie's eggs, I recommend taking a moment to consider the HR set, so you can make a comparison between the two.
Honored Contributor

Looks like the same old, same old. Still pushing mercury glass and the bunny topiaries don't look like bunnies. I'd like a new spring wreath for the front door but don't care for Val's.

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 PeterDM said: I like Valerie's H204896 in the pearl eggs, not the bunnies. However, I received my Home Reflections mosaic glass egg luminaries today (H204525), and I think they are far superior than Valerie's for a couple of different reasons. With the HR set, you get 3 different sizes, they glow 2 hours longer than Valerie's, and they have a color morphing or flickering, white light option on them. Valerie's bunnies are cute, but they look like they have seams splitting them in half. If you are considering purchasing Valerie's eggs, I recommend taking a moment to consider the HR set, so you can make a comparison between the two.

I have the Home Reflections eggs, and they are beautiful, but I am going to buy Valerie's multi eggs.

Valued Contributor

I wish the basket on top of the hutch was for sale. That I would buy!

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 mousiegirl said:
On 2/24/2015 PeterDM said: I like Valerie's H204896 in the pearl eggs, not the bunnies. However, I received my Home Reflections mosaic glass egg luminaries today (H204525), and I think they are far superior than Valerie's for a couple of different reasons. With the HR set, you get 3 different sizes, they glow 2 hours longer than Valerie's, and they have a color morphing or flickering, white light option on them. Valerie's bunnies are cute, but they look like they have seams splitting them in half. If you are considering purchasing Valerie's eggs, I recommend taking a moment to consider the HR set, so you can make a comparison between the two.

I have the Home Reflections eggs, and they are beautiful, but I am going to buy Valerie's multi eggs.

Hi mousiegirl, looks like waited too long to order the multi eggs, they show sold out now. The ivory is still available. Not sure if I'll order.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the sneak peek, mousiegirl.

There are some cute things.

I heard Jim Shore say this morning that he might not be back, nothing scheduled yet, until Christmas in July. These home decor shows don't come around often enough, do they?

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 mominohio said:

I have to say, that I've taken to going to Hobby Lobby (no Pier One here and our Michael's went out years ago) and TJ Maxx, and I'm finding similar seasonal things, less money, I see the quality before I buy, and if I change my mind, I can return for free.

I still love Valerie, love to watch the shows, but find there is similar and better stuff out there. I like to get ideas, but I think I might not have many purchases until the fall things roll out.

I agree. Better options locally that offer more variety, better prices and shipping... QVC needs to step up their home decor options. Val is fun to watch, but really, where's the variety... And merely adding a line from Ellen is not the answer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like VPH's shows to see the ideas and in the past I've bought some of her items. However, the same old same old has affected her line, just as in so much of QVC's offerings. I'm shopping locally for decor items. I want to see it and decide if it will work for me.

I have some home reflection egg luminaries from last year and I do think the eggs look like fun but I'll pass for right now.

I didn't see anything in Ellen's line that I haven't seen elsewhere. I'm not buying just because a celebrity put their name on it.

Respected Contributor

As I get older I start to notice clutter and dust catchers. Younger generation prefers clear look. I gathered up Jim Shore items and donated to Salvation Army. Couldn't sell them for enough to pay shipping. I have VPH beaded fruit, candle rings I hope to sell this fall. Still going through my stuff.

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 traveler said:

As I get older I start to notice clutter and dust catchers. Younger generation prefers clear look. I gathered up Jim Shore items and donated to Salvation Army. Couldn't sell them for enough to pay shipping. I have VPH beaded fruit, candle rings I hope to sell this fall. Still going through my stuff.

That will be a nice find for someone at the S.A. Good idea to purge "stuff." Just don't replace it with different stuff.