Highlighted
New Contributor
I've always loved Valeries items but has anyone else noticed the substantial price increase
Respected Contributor

Sign of the times. Everything is going up. Not just VPH.

Esteemed Contributor

Last few years she was offering junk.  Heard her say (this year) she heard the customers and would be presenting better quality items.  Better stuff = higher costs.

Personally I didn't see any prices that weren' justified - had beautiful products this year.

(just my opinion)

Contributor

Here's a big reason why foreign made goods are going up in price ... shipping cost have skyrocketed. 

"Transporting a 40-foot steel container of cargo by sea from Shanghai to Rotterdam now costs a record $10,522, a whopping 547% higher than the seasonal average over the last five years, according to Drewry Shipping. With upwards of 80% of all goods trade transported by sea, freight-cost surges are threatening to boost the price of everything from toys, furniture and car parts to coffee, sugar and anchovies, compounding concerns in global markets already bracing for accelerating inflation."

Read the rest of the article here ...

https://time.com/6073233/shipping-costs-surge-price-hike-goods/

Honored Contributor

Given the dramatic increase in transportation costs, it might eventually make sense to return some manufacturing to the US.

Honored Contributor

I think her items prices have been creeping up for several years (what hasn't!!?? lol) but really made big increases this year. 

It's not like it's not expected considering what is going on in the world, but most of her items were not worth the price to me prior to the pandemic, and the prices since, really are not worth it to me. I used to find a lot of things in her line that I liked and the prices acceptable. Not so much anymore, on either count.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think her items prices have been creeping up for several years (what hasn't!!?? lol) but really made big increases this year. 

It's not like it's not expected considering what is going on in the world, but most of her items were not worth the price to me prior to the pandemic, and the prices since, really are not worth it to me. I used to find a lot of things in her line that I liked and the prices acceptable. Not so much anymore, on either count.

ITA and I have tons of her stuff. The stuff just isn't the same anymore. I used to belong to a couple of FB groups and people were always posting about stuff arriving in shabby condition, broken due to poor packaging, Bad paint jobs, stuff not working etc. and the sad part...people were afraid to complain and were told to keep the stuff and fix it with their own lights, paint etc. I actually got booted out of one of the groups because I said they should complain to Val on her FB page and  they said it wasn't Val's fault it was on QVC🙄🙄🙄 I don't mind paying higher prices that is part of the gig but paying for poor quality no way I am out.

Respected Contributor

I think you have to be a savvy shopper with Valerie items....just like any other brand or retailer. 

I have ordered several really beautiful and quality pieces from her recently after taking a break for a couple of years. Overall, I think her line of items is improving......surely hope so.

Valued Contributor

I don't think it's just Valerie's prices.  I watched an episode of Simply Stunning by Janine Graff and a 20 inch pumpkin stack in an urn was $88.  With $5.50 shipping and sales tax it would be nearly $100.  Way too expensive for me.

Honored Contributor

Some of her items are of higher quality. The large red truck she offers beats those I've seen in stores.