Super Contributor

Tell you how "bad" I love her set.....I once rearranged my furntiure to a mirror image of the set! Hahaha. Really. I wanted to mimic it, so I went to a product that had a video of the set. I made the video full scree, and [prt scr] the image, pasted it on to Paint, saved it, and flipped the photo.

This shot is from a wreath that is available now, but the look is the same. Right beside the armoire is a window, then a short wall, then the front door. The space behind the sofa was only 4', and I don't have entry, so this area gave me a little "hall". I put a long dresser on that wall under a large painting that typically hangs over the sofa when it's against the wall. It gave a landing area instead of having the console table against the sofa. Right beside the Christmas tree is the kitchen door. All in all the room looked great, but the room is small as is (18' x 14'), so the area between the sofa the fireplace became the living room floor, so to speak. It was just too small with nieces who wanted to play.

I SO want to rearange it like that again. But, I just feel uneasy with my back exposed to the front door. Feng shui issues I guess.

wil.png

Honored Contributor

I think that VPH is truly a genuine and lovely, gracious woman. I enjoy anytime she is on, even it I don't care for what she is selling at the particular time.

I love how responsive she is on her FB page, answering questions, sometimes the same question, over and over, in such a timely manner.

I think one of the best things she does, is show us in real depth how each  item presented can be used and incorporated into the other items in her line. She definitely brings and designs for us, collections of things that are meant to coordinate and go together. Such a help for those that are decorating challenged.

And things she brings one year, will still coordinate with things she brings in the following years. It is easy to build a look or a theme whether all at once or over time, with her merchandise. 

I like how she gives a nod to a single item, used with things we already have (any given basket, runner, candle stick/pedestal etc.) and how a relatively small investment in one item can make an entirely new look in our homes. It isn't always a big push to buy five or six things to enjoy a new look.

I get great ideas from her shows, and except for the problem of never having enough stock in many items (and that is QVC buyer's fault), and starting so many presentations with "this is already sold out in two colors and limited in the others", I generally enjoy watching VPH any time.

Valued Contributor

I love the way Valerie decorates. I have several of her pieces, and several pieces that Lisa Robertson brought over the years. I try not to buy anymore, since I have waaaay too much as it is. But I give in and buy something every year.

I need to pair down, desperately. I've downsized from a large home, to a small apartment, but I have not gotten rid of any of my Christmas decorations. They're all in storage, and I have to go get them, and return them every year. I can only bring a small portion, and it still takes my husband two or three trips with the car and trunk full.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

I enjoy Valerie's shows; they are probably the only shows I watch all the way through.  She is my favorite vendor at QVC. I have purchased several of her items throughout the years. I love to hear her pleasant voice...so calm and composed.  I enjoy watching and hearing her present the decorating ideas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal

I enjoy watching Valerie & her passion for her love of decorating a space certainly comes through in every demo.  I love she gives wonderful tips on decorating spaces, rooms, etc.

Although after I watch her shows I want to start all over again (donate oldies but goodies) decorating for seasons with her beautiful things OR have my space decorated like she has!

Of course, I'd have to hit the lottery!!!

But, I confess many times I see a grouping or sidetable, hutch, etc. as she decorated it & I take pics while she is on air so I can remember!  

I have many of her pieces & one of & my fav Fall are the set 3 glass pumpkins (that I fill with candy corn & flameless candle), Mercury glass pumpkins & gourds. 

oh how I wish Fall was here soon, but, never happens here in FL - oh do I miss the 4 seasons instead of summer year round!