New Contributor

I just opened one of my two white azalea urn fillers that Valerie presented as she was standing on a front porch setting & she showed all the ways the fillers could be displayed on the porch or other outside areas.  There is a care instruction paper in the package that says, I quote "This product is designed for indoor use, away from extreme sunlight & humidity".  This item was falsely advertised.

I just called Customer service & was told they'd pay return shipping but not my original shipping cost.  There is no place to put a review for this item & looks as if QVC is doing away with reviews anyway.  I've been a member over 25 years & this company no longer stands for quality & service.  

Now is the time for me to discontinue doing business with this company.  I have taken the channel off my tv.  Buyer beware!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC should refund you in full!

Why do you think they are doing away with reviews?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

Today many posters can't pull up the reviews on items, an "Oops! screen with Shawn & Rick comes up.

Our daily QVC IT glitch!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

If the product was misrepresented your refund should be for the full amount and two way shipping. Anything less is unacceptable. For such a big company they can, at times, be awfully petty. I've generally found them to be responsive to sensible reasoning, but one should not have to 'negotiate' in a situation if there was clearly misinformation. As for Valerie, I'm no longer much of a fan and no longer tend to watch her shows or order her merchandise. Too many times, I see the very same or similar items elsewhere for less and her items have consistently become too kitschy to appeal to me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sandyws 

Valerie mentioned several times that they are OK on a covered porch, so the interpretation of the care instruction paper is away from extreme sunlight & humidity could mean covered porch?  Not so sure about the humidity however, that's not controlled on a covered porch.  We're very dry here in Colorado so they would most likely work for us..

How is the quality of the flowers, stems etc?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a bit tricky. It sounds as though she might have been accurate in her description during the presentation but that she was, perhaps, shown in a setting that was not really representative of an area where the product could be used. It's understandable that some folks saw her on a porch and made the assumption it would be all right to use the product there and didn't necessarily hear the disclaimer, though that probably did appear on the web site. Regardless, it used to be that most businesses gave the nod to the customer, especially when there was a mixed message of sorts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

Today many posters can't pull up the reviews on items, an "Oops! screen with Shawn & Rick comes up.

Our daily QVC IT glitch!

@KingstonsMom  One of them anyway... The notifications and sign-in are still wonky at my house...

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips  I wrote a review on a ring that I order on Jewelry day and it was posted. 

Respected Contributor

@Sandyws   I didn't see the white azalea urn filler presented but I just looked up the urn filler segment that Valerie did. Saw one on magnolia urn fillers.  She and Carolyn mentioned 2 or 3 times that this product could be used indoors or or a covered porch. She said that she did not recommend using it outside on an uncovered porch. She says this about her wreaths also. The segment that I saw she was obviously indoors. 

Honored Contributor

If I were to put the product on my front porch, it would not be exposed to either bright sunlight or humidity.  It would also not get wet if it rained.  So what's the problem? I see no misrepresentation.  She didn't suggest you stick it out in the middle of your yard.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment