Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I am surprised to see the junk that Valerie has been selling!

Everything looks cheap and gaudy. 

I miss the show from years ago - I can't recall her name.(Lasy name George) Her husband was a Senator from Kentucky?

I agree.  A lot of it looked so good on TV or online, so I ordered a great deal of her fall decorating items (pumpkins, etc).   Most of it was scratched, chipped, cracked or broken in some fashion when it arrived.  And a lot of it (the 'illuminated' stuff) worked for a day or two and then quit, if it worked at all.  And this was with new, fresh batteries.   I have spent a small fortune sending the stuff back.  This will not happen again.

@KatieB - If your items had the problems you describe, you should have marked them as defective; QVC will refund every penny of the original cost and shipping both ways in such cases.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc  They were marked defective or damaged whatever the case was.  And no, I did not receive a shipping and handling refund for the original s & h.  I was lucky to have received a refund for using their return label.  Most of the time I had to make a phone call about that...  I have sent so much stuff back that I haven't gone thru all of my return slips to verify with Q's refund records....

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@loriqvc  They were marked defective or damaged whatever the case was.  And no, I did not receive a shipping and handling refund for the original s & h.  I was lucky to have received a refund for using their return label.  Most of the time I had to make a phone call about that...  I have sent so much stuff back that I haven't gone thru all of my return slips to verify with Q's refund records....

@KatieB - You definitely should have received a full refund—that is the policy for returns of defective merchandise, and even if it has taken a call or a message posted here, I've always gotten all of my money back in these situations. If it hasn't been too long, I would follow up with customer service to see if someone can check your account for proper refunds.

Respected Contributor

What has been a disappointment to me regarding VPH items was when they are presented on her show they always looked so nice and well-made, then once you received them in your home they just show a lack of quality in the construction.   Many times the items are cheaply painted and the designs are crooked.  I remember getting a set of birds where the bird's heads were not put on correctly and it was so noticeable that I could not display them.   

I'm sure QVC would not have considered them defective so I didn't even want to spend the money to return them.  I just tossed them out.  

To be fair to Valerie, I did purchase many items from her when she first started to appear on QVC many many years ago.     At that time her decorative items were lovely and appeared to be of good quality, as a result, I am still using many of them to this day. 

What I am now noticing from her last few shows is that even what they are showing on TV seems to be inferior in quality.   The other evening they presented an item and I could see the top was so crooked that it made the entire item look terrible.   I thought to myself if this is what they are showing as representative of the item to the audience what must the products being mailed out to the customers look like.   It just kind of says we don't care what we sell as long as we are making money.

Respected Contributor
I love Valerie. Most of her things have arrived in good condition or order but I do have a pet peeve about some of her "berries". Instead of using plastic ones some are styrofoam and the paint arrives chipped leaving white patches on the berries. Where is the quality control ?
Super Contributor

She seems like a very sweet lady. But havent ordered a thing. Dont like all the glitter or mercury glass. Prices are not in my range anyway once you add tax and shipping !  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Baby Hot Sauce unfortunately QVC has left a lot of the lower middle class behind. They are certainly catering more and more to the well-to-do crowd. The rest of us are lining up at Wal-Mart. I only keep QVC on as background noise 12-16 hours a day but have only ordered 2 or 3 items all year. Back in the 90s I was ordering $200-300 a month.
Regular Contributor

I do know that many people shop for convenience at the Q . Valerie is a lovely lady and a great seller and enjoyable to watch . She has many great ideas for decorating.

Rite Aid has their holiday merchandise at 50% off that is a great savings . Many cute items and quality . 

Most stores are now offering their holiday items so there is plenty to be seen and to purchase much variety . 

Occasional Visitor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

I love watching Valerie's presentations and did actually buy an item today.  I'll continue to watch her presentations. But after seeing that it was made in China and in light of what our country is going through right now with Coronvirus I'll be limiting to buying MADE IN AMERICA ONLY.  I cancelled the order.

Frequent Contributor

@nomar I loved Jill's decorating style! Miss her. :-)