Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill what happened to quality?

@mom2four0418. Ive been with the Q since the CVN days before the merger. I only point it out because I feel QVC has deteroriated since its heyday of the 1990s. It all began when Kathy Levine left. I feel QVC should return to when it was a joy to watch. My purchases have steadily decreased over the years sadly not because I dont watch but because the hosts merchandise and quality just isnt the same. Miss the days of Steve Colontuno Kathy Bob Bowersox and Judy Crowell.
Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill what happened to quality?

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:
@mom2four0418. Ive been with the Q since the CVN days before the merger. I only point it out because I feel QVC has deteroriated since its heyday of the 1990s. It all began when Kathy Levine left. I feel QVC should return to when it was a joy to watch. My purchases have steadily decreased over the years sadly not because I dont watch but because the hosts merchandise and quality just isnt the same. Miss the days of Steve Colontuno Kathy Bob Bowersox and Judy Crowell.

I've never found any of the shopping channels to be a joy to watch. They only care about selling, and everyone is a salesperson, even though they try to act like your friends. I never cared for Kathy Levine, and do not think that her leaving had anything to do with any deterioration that you feel took place. She left to host a talk show, which never happened, and then she returned selling terrible costume jewelry. Now I hear that she is selling a diet product on HSN. It's not exactly a step up from being a shopping channel host. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky