Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's Home Tour

[ Edited ]

Wow, I have to say I'm somewhat underwhelmed by Valerie's home... I suppose it's nice enough, but I guess I expected a bit more edited and refined look...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I wonder how many homes she and her DH own and whether this is the primary residence.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

Where's the TV and where's the kitchen sink?

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

There is a glimpse of a faucet I believe as she enters the kitchen. If I’m right, the sink is where she leans into the camera as she says no one can have too many ceramics.

i loved her porch. The degree of clutter inside surprised me.

Trusted Contributor

I love Valerie, but I was also surprised by her home.

It seems very cluttered and outdated, but that's a personal choice. It looks nothing like the sets she puts together on the Q.  I didn't examine it closely, but I don't feel like she really had any items that she sells displayed in her home.  That's very telling to me.

Either way, Valerie loves her home and that's what matters.  I'm sure her family and friends always feel warm and welcomed every time they are there.

Respected Contributor

I too thought it was small but cozy. She could have downsized to a 55 and older community.

Trusted Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I love Valerie, but I was also surprised by her home.

It seems very cluttered and outdated, but that's a personal choice. It looks nothing like the sets she puts together on the Q.  I didn't examine it closely, but I don't feel like she really had any items that she sells displayed in her home.  That's very telling to me.

Either way, Valerie loves her home and that's what matters.  I'm sure her family and friends always feel warm and welcomed every time they are there.

@Grade1Teach 

Gosh, I thought so too! It clearly doesn't look like any of the beautiful sets when her shows are aired. That's got to be QVC's set directors touch. Just assumed she knew how to best display her show sets/items. Clearly that's not the case.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Her home looks as I expected it to look; warm and inviting.  As far as Q items, I'm not familiar with them so I wouldn't know if they were in her house or not.  I was a little surprised at the size of her home, as I thought it was kind of small.  But as someone said, we don't know if that's her main home or a vacation home or something else.

Valued Contributor

I still have her book called Decorating for the Holidays. Her boys were little at the time the book was published. It is the same home. Dark green shingles, and I recognize the fireplace. I would imagine, like most people, if you live in a house for many years you acquire many things that have a special meaning for you.

Valued Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

There is a glimpse of a faucet I believe as she enters the kitchen. If I’m right, the sink is where she leans into the camera as she says no one can have too many ceramics.

i loved her porch. The degree of clutter inside surprised me.

Yes, I see it now.  Thanks for pointing it out.