Super Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill's Home Tour

She just posted on her Facebook page a short video tour of her home--porch, living room, kitchen, dining room.  You don't have to be a member of Facebook to watch.  I was surpised that she didn't have as many QVC/VPH items as I have.  LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/valerieparrhill/videos/1073759942828834/

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's Home Tour

Well I too have more VPH items in my home than VPH does.

I don't think she does much cooking in that kitchen. There is stuff all over the counter and it is much smaller than I expected...cute though.

The front porch is pretty but there are just too many pictures and stuff in that house for my taste. 

I honestly was expecting much more.

Trusted Contributor

I think it's very nice, and cozy.  I love the idea of the game table.

I have many VPH items, not all are on display at one time.

Honored Contributor

Oh, that was fun to see, thanks @JCath.  It's very traditional, and it's clear Valerie is an inveterate collector like so many of her fans!  Although it's more layered and with more objects than I prefer to have, it "looks" like her, and I can well imagine she and her family are so comfortable there.

I like the lack of pretension.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was that a VPH wreath on her door?  It doesn't look like one.  I love the painting of her boys.  Her house looks very warm and comfortable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Her house is lovely. I’m sure she could afford something much larger, but that doesn’t strike me as Valerie’s style. A lot of her decor looked like older items she used to sell years ago. I’m not surprised that she doesn’t have a lot of her own recent stuff. She says she brings items to QVC that she knows we would like, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are items she would like. So many of her offerings are lit, glass items. I don’t recall seeing any like that in her home, and those items probably wouldn’t fit in with her style, anyway.

Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Well I too have more VPH items in my home than VPH does.

I don't think she does much cooking in that kitchen. There is stuff all over the counter and it is much smaller than I expected...cute though.

The front porch is pretty but there are just too many pictures and stuff in that house for my taste. 

I honestly was expecting much more.

I am glad I am not alone in thinking these same things

Honored Contributor

I think it is really pretty and looks just like her. It is put together very well and reflects her taste beautifully. It looks plenty big enough to me, I didn't expect her to have a huge grand home, because that to me anyway doesn't seem like her style. I liked it a lot! Very warm and inviting just like Valerie herself.

Honored Contributor

Lovely house that looks just like her.  Casual, cozy, comfy, and eclectic.  

I think the rooms were somewhat staged for this video.  No one puts that many things on their kitchen counters that make them unusable.

She likes an over-accessorized style, but then that's what she sells on QVC.   

Respected Contributor

Fun tour, thanks for posting. Beautiful home, even though I’m not comfortable with that many items on counters in my own kitchen , I was inspired by the abundance of little accent lamps on little tables against the wall. I think I will try that, as I’ve always wanted to get more light in the great room without adding more standard size lamps.