Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's February 9 Sneak Peek

@Julie928 wrote:

I really like Valerie's wildflower & egg garland, wreath & trees.  I just added three garlands, one wreath & two sets of trees to my shopping cart ~ already over $200.00!  Ouch!  These would look so pretty in our bay window once the hearts & evergreen garlands are put away.  Guess I've got some thinking to do, lol!

@Julie928  I bought two garlands and the set of two trees, couldn't resist.  The will go on my kitchen table.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928@mousiegirl, I love the egg & wildflower garland and ordered it, it is much prettier than one I bought last year!

Does anyone know if the pink tulips are for sale?  I cannot find them online, I need them, LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hooty wrote:

@Julie928@mousiegirl, I love the egg & wildflower garland and ordered it, it is much prettier than one I bought last year!

Does anyone know if the pink tulips are for sale?  I cannot find them online, I need them, LOL!

@Hooty   The are very pretty, hooty.  I am sure they are just set decor. You may be able to find them at a craft store.  Now that I bought the garlands, I have to figure out where all of the eggs I bought recently will go.  Smiley Happy.

I am not happy that the trees and garlands are advance order, which was not mentioned in the presentation, EDD March 3, because I will be decorating soon, or should I say partially decorating, I want them now! lol

Trusted Contributor

Okay, I caved and bought the whole kit-and-kaboodle!!!  I decided to take advantage of the three easy pays they are offering with your QCard since it was a bit pricey.  As much as I hate to start with the easy pays again it does take a bit of the sting out of the total!  I agree about the advanced order thing, although I typically keep my winter things out until March 1st.  These shows really inspire me to get decorating early, though.  Yes, I'm the crazy lady with the Christmas tree up by Halloween, lol!  Everyone enjoy your purchases & think Spring!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 wrote:

Okay, I caved and bought the whole kit-and-kaboodle!!!  I decided to take advantage of the three easy pays they are offering with your QCard since it was a bit pricey.  As much as I hate to start with the easy pays again it does take a bit of the sting out of the total!  I agree about the advanced order thing, although I typically keep my winter things out until March 1st.  These shows really inspire me to get decorating early, though.  Yes, I'm the crazy lady with the Christmas tree up by Halloween, lol!  Everyone enjoy your purchases & think Spring!!!

@Julie928  The trees in the living room and family room will still be up, and will come down after the kitchen is decorated for Easter, but since I only decorate the kitchen for Easter, I have begun removing the decor this week.  The weather has turned sunny and warm here and for the next few weeks or so, so when this happens, I want to put Christmas away, and Easter comes early this year, so I want to decorate so it will be up for the month of March. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl ~ I'll bet your house is beautiful!  It sounds like you enjoy decorating for all the seasons, just like me!  In fact, I would bet that everyone who is posting on this thread has beautifully decorated homes.  It's nice to be able to chat with others that have the same interests during a show like this ~ just like shopping with friends!  :-)

Trusted Contributor

Hi all: I know I'm joining this thread late but wondered if anyone has begun the "Bunny Brigade"  yet (yes Lucy this is directed at you). I am starting to get itchy to get mine out but think I need to wait until at least after Valentine's Day this weekend first.  I did tune into Valerie's show today for a bit, but didn't see very much of it.  Sounds like everyone was adding some pretty items to their spring/Easter decor.  Pls post pics when you begin decorating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM  I agree that everything looks the same.  I do like the Cherubs on the pedestals to use  on the patio but I won't order them.  I see similiar ones locally.  I make my own wreaths so don't need that but very pretty.  I'll try to watch as I do enjoy Valerie's shows.  Hope you find some nice non holiday decor.  I like to check out furniture stores for that but the prices are too high unless they're having a sale.

@lucymo  I bought Valerie's other Cherubs during her last show, and am planning on using the light colored in my Spring display, after Easter, and the antiqued Cherubs on my deck.

@mousiegirl  I am going to check on what's out here locally and compare so I can order these if I need to.  I'm also thinking of doing some shade plants on my porch and putting the cherubs in with them, lit at night would be gorgeous.  Oh, my, gotta stop with this.  :-)

@lucymo  That would be gorgeous. Smiley Happy   Do you sit on your porch often?   I bought lanterns over a year ago for the deck, and had plans to sit out there during the evenings, and believe it or not, we didn't do it once, though when I am gardening, I sit there when I need a rest.

I bought the fountain with the animals and birds, here, can't remember the name, and we put it on the deck last summer, so I plan to have the darker Cherubs that I mentioned on either side of that with small plants between and around.  I have big ideas, but they don't always come to fruition due to so many things needing doing, but this year, I am going to hang the lanterns and make a point of being on the deck during the hot evenings, we shall see.  

@lucymo  Look what I found at zulily.

@mousiegirl I need to check that out.  I actually ordered the Cherubs on the sphere but will probably cancel because I wanted them for outside and they're indoor.  Guess I didn't read the description like I should have. Thanks

ETA  Well, I went back and checked and the description does say indoor/outdoor but Valerie said indoor.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

For those of you who haven't heard already, Mary Beth will be hosting Valerie's show at 1 ET.  I'm looking forward to watching it as it's always very pleasant with MB & Valerie, IMO.

I enjoyed watching today, @lucymo.  

Valerie will be on with Pat next Tuesday night, which IMO will also be nice, with plenty of opportunities for Valerie to share her ideas.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

Hi all: I know I'm joining this thread late but wondered if anyone has begun the "Bunny Brigade"  yet (yes Lucy this is directed at you). I am starting to get itchy to get mine out but think I need to wait until at least after Valentine's Day this weekend first.  I did tune into Valerie's show today for a bit, but didn't see very much of it.  Sounds like everyone was adding some pretty items to their spring/Easter decor.  Pls post pics when you begin decorating.

@MTH  Hey there, long time since hearing from you.  You know how I love the 'bunny brigade' and yes, I've already been in the cabinet looking at the sweet little bunnies and all the eggs, etc.  I didn't get carried away on Valerie's show today.  I was surprised that she didn't have any new bunnies.  I'm not seeing a lot at P1's website either.  Good thing we bought what we did last year, don't you think?  I don't need anymore but am so tempted by adorable bunnies. 

Good to hear from you.