Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's February 9 Sneak Peek

I like Valerie's, H204959 Illuminated Frosted Hurricane with Finial, but don't care for the distressed look.  I hate to buy something new and it looks like it's been sitting in a thrift shop for 20 years.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

I ordered the bunny place card holders.  I do not use them for this purpose, but rather keep them on my kitchen windowsill to hold photos.  They were just adorable and I love the sugared coating.  I bought her small flower pot holders a while back and they are just the perfect size for this purpose, use them all spring and summer.

That's a great idea.  I hope you like them. 

I'd love to have just one of those bunnies, particularly the one on the blue egg in the center, but in a larger sized figurine.  Adorable.

Set of 3 Bunny or Chick Placecard Holders by Valerie - H207653

A request to all of you frequent shoppers of sites like Zulily, Amazon, etc:

I can't get the little guy in the middle off my mind.  If you see this bunny atop the floral-embossed egg base, but in a larger figurine size, please give me a shout-out.  Sometimes companies will make different sizes of the same item.  Thanks!

@lucymo

@Marsha2003

@mousiegirl

@SHOPR  Will do.  He is a cutie.  Where would you use him?

@lucymo,  I would probably use him in my dining room, mixed with other things, either on the table, buffet, or mantel.  

But remember, I said I might be keeping my Spring decor as-is (minimal) and not get the Easter things down from the attic this year.  Here I go looking for more.  Ha Ha.

@SHOPR  Oh, I remember the 'minimal' statement.  lol  But, far be from me to mention that to one of my fellow 'shoppers' because they could probably dig up some posts where I said the same thing and didn't stick to my word.  I pulled out the Easter eggs from the cabinet last night to see if I needed more but no, I have enough for the neighborhood.  I do really like the MG ones that Valerie has in her show today, got two sets last year.  I use them in an old cut glass bowl and look so pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  I wanted that hurricane too until I saw just how distressed it was.  I even thought about painting it myself but decided if I have to buy it and then work on it the price is too much.  I'll wait and find one better suited to my needs.

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Appreciate the link!  I am safe this time.  I will order another set of her clear micro lights.  I am pleased with the battery longevity!  

@BornToShop...Have you tried the micro lights from Pier 1? They are not very good I did not think. I wonder if VPH's set is better than Pier 1's for battery life?

No question Val's are better than Pier 1's.  I got burned on theirs awhile ago.  Do not order any from LightsForAllOccasions; worse than Pier 1's.   No scientific stats for you, but they are faaarrrrr better than The fore mentioned vendors.   

@BornToShop...Thanks for that info. I have not been happy at all with the lights from P1. Maybe their larger set that plugs in would be worth it but the batteries do not last in the other smaller string sizes and they dim fast.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

I ordered the bunny place card holders.  I do not use them for this purpose, but rather keep them on my kitchen windowsill to hold photos.  They were just adorable and I love the sugared coating.  I bought her small flower pot holders a while back and they are just the perfect size for this purpose, use them all spring and summer.

That's a great idea.  I hope you like them. 

I'd love to have just one of those bunnies, particularly the one on the blue egg in the center, but in a larger sized figurine.  Adorable.

Set of 3 Bunny or Chick Placecard Holders by Valerie - H207653

A request to all of you frequent shoppers of sites like Zulily, Amazon, etc:

I can't get the little guy in the middle off my mind.  If you see this bunny atop the floral-embossed egg base, but in a larger figurine size, please give me a shout-out.  Sometimes companies will make different sizes of the same item.  Thanks!

@lucymo

@Marsha2003

@mousiegirl

Will do!

Honored Contributor

For those of you who haven't heard already, Mary Beth will be hosting Valerie's show at 1 ET.  I'm looking forward to watching it as it's always very pleasant with MB & Valerie, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

If you go to the homepage and click on the picture of the hurricane and "spring accents by valerie," you will see new, lit spheres being offered in the picture at the top.  They look like honeycomb glass.  They're not shown as being available yet...

Esteemed Contributor

I still think I'm safe today, but I'm loving the swiss dot mugs.  I imagine the new iridescent mosaic hurricane would be gorgeous, too. 

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth has a friend whose home is entirely decorated with stone?  How strange and mausoleum like, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I really like Valerie's wildflower & egg garland, wreath & trees.  I just added three garlands, one wreath & two sets of trees to my shopping cart ~ already over $200.00!  Ouch!  These would look so pretty in our bay window once the hearts & evergreen garlands are put away.  Guess I've got some thinking to do, lol!