Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's February 9 Sneak Peek

@BornToShop wrote:

Appreciate the link!  I am safe this time.  I will order another set of her clear micro lights.  I am pleased with the battery longevity!  

@BornToShop...Have you tried the micro lights from Pier 1? They are not very good I did not think. I wonder if VPH's set is better than Pier 1's for battery life?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM  I agree that everything looks the same.  I do like the Cherubs on the pedestals to use  on the patio but I won't order them.  I see similiar ones locally.  I make my own wreaths so don't need that but very pretty.  I'll try to watch as I do enjoy Valerie's shows.  Hope you find some nice non holiday decor.  I like to check out furniture stores for that but the prices are too high unless they're having a sale.

@lucymo  I bought Valerie's other Cherubs during her last show, and am planning on using the light colored in my Spring display, after Easter, and the antiqued Cherubs on my deck.

@mousiegirl  I am going to check on what's out here locally and compare so I can order these if I need to.  I'm also thinking of doing some shade plants on my porch and putting the cherubs in with them, lit at night would be gorgeous.  Oh, my, gotta stop with this.  :-)

@lucymo  That would be gorgeous. Smiley Happy   Do you sit on your porch often?   I bought lanterns over a year ago for the deck, and had plans to sit out there during the evenings, and believe it or not, we didn't do it once, though when I am gardening, I sit there when I need a rest.

I bought the fountain with the animals and birds, here, can't remember the name, and we put it on the deck last summer, so I plan to have the darker Cherubs that I mentioned on either side of that with small plants between and around.  I have big ideas, but they don't always come to fruition due to so many things needing doing, but this year, I am going to hang the lanterns and make a point of being on the deck during the hot evenings, we shall see.  

@lucymo  Look what I found at zulily.

Honored Contributor

Cute bunnies!

Regular Contributor

The cherubs are of interest, but otherwise saving my pennies for CIJ.  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM  I agree that everything looks the same.  I do like the Cherubs on the pedestals to use  on the patio but I won't order them.  I see similiar ones locally.  I make my own wreaths so don't need that but very pretty.  I'll try to watch as I do enjoy Valerie's shows.  Hope you find some nice non holiday decor.  I like to check out furniture stores for that but the prices are too high unless they're having a sale.

@lucymo  I bought Valerie's other Cherubs during her last show, and am planning on using the light colored in my Spring display, after Easter, and the antiqued Cherubs on my deck.

@mousiegirl  I am going to check on what's out here locally and compare so I can order these if I need to.  I'm also thinking of doing some shade plants on my porch and putting the cherubs in with them, lit at night would be gorgeous.  Oh, my, gotta stop with this.  :-)

@lucymo  That would be gorgeous. Smiley Happy   Do you sit on your porch often?   I bought lanterns over a year ago for the deck, and had plans to sit out there during the evenings, and believe it or not, we didn't do it once, though when I am gardening, I sit there when I need a rest.

I bought the fountain with the animals and birds, here, can't remember the name, and we put it on the deck last summer, so I plan to have the darker Cherubs that I mentioned on either side of that with small plants between and around.  I have big ideas, but they don't always come to fruition due to so many things needing doing, but this year, I am going to hang the lanterns and make a point of being on the deck during the hot evenings, we shall see.  

@mousiegirl  Our deck is too sunny in the afternoon but yes, our porch is shady and I love it out there.  Only a couple of houses in that direction and a park about a block away behind a grove of trees so quite a lot of privacy where we live.  we do so much work around the place all season we need an oasis to rest in the evening.  Yes, I'm going to fix all of our spaces up this year. 

Respected Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Appreciate the link!  I am safe this time.  I will order another set of her clear micro lights.  I am pleased with the battery longevity!  

@BornToShop...Have you tried the micro lights from Pier 1? They are not very good I did not think. I wonder if VPH's set is better than Pier 1's for battery life?

No question Val's are better than Pier 1's.  I got burned on theirs awhile ago.  Do not order any from LightsForAllOccasions; worse than Pier 1's.   No scientific stats for you, but they are faaarrrrr better than The fore mentioned vendors.   

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

I ordered the bunny place card holders.  I do not use them for this purpose, but rather keep them on my kitchen windowsill to hold photos.  They were just adorable and I love the sugared coating.  I bought her small flower pot holders a while back and they are just the perfect size for this purpose, use them all spring and summer.

That's a great idea.  I hope you like them. 

I'd love to have just one of those bunnies, particularly the one on the blue egg in the center, but in a larger sized figurine.  Adorable.

Set of 3 Bunny or Chick Placecard Holders by Valerie - H207653

A request to all of you frequent shoppers of sites like Zulily, Amazon, etc:

I can't get the little guy in the middle off my mind.  If you see this bunny atop the floral-embossed egg base, but in a larger figurine size, please give me a shout-out.  Sometimes companies will make different sizes of the same item.  Thanks!

@lucymo

@Marsha2003

@mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I ordered the bunny place card holders.  I do not use them for this purpose, but rather keep them on my kitchen windowsill to hold photos.  They were just adorable and I love the sugared coating.  I bought her small flower pot holders a while back and they are just the perfect size for this purpose, use them all spring and summer.

I'd love to have just one of those bunnies, particularly the one on the blue egg in the center, but in a larger sized figurine.  Adorable.

I can't get the little guy in the middle off my mind.  If you see this bunny atop the floral-embossed egg base, but in a larger figurine size, please give me a shout-out.  Sometimes companies will make different sizes of the same item.  Thanks!

@lucymo

@Marsha2003

@mousiegirl

@SHOPR  Will do.  He is a cutie.  Where would you use him?

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo

@Marsha2003

@mousiegirl

@SHOPR  HL usually has a lot of items similiar to what Valerie shows.  If I get there I'll check too.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo

@Marsha2003

@mousiegirl

@SHOPR  Will do.  He is a cutie.  Where would you use him?

@lucymo,  I would probably use him in my dining room, mixed with other things, either on the table, buffet, or mantel.  

But remember, I said I might be keeping my Spring decor as-is (minimal) and not get the Easter things down from the attic this year.  Here I go looking for more.  Ha Ha.