Trusted Contributor

Sadly i agree. I used to be so excited for her shows, now i am so disappointed at her items. I think her best shows where in July, these shows are just bad. Plastic trees...mostly gingerbread items. I can buy plastic trees at my drug store. What happened to her items, and quality ?

Trusted Contributor

I have been buying from Valierie for many years and I feel like her line has morphed into too many mercury glass and lighted items.  We are still seeing thoses spheres in different permutations.  Her florals are hit or miss.  I thought her set on today's show was lacking.  But it's good because I am less tempted!

Honored Contributor

I guess I missed her show but I do enjoy watching her and what she is offering for Christmas.  However, I have enough Christmas decos.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

I have been buying from Valierie for many years and I feel like her line has morphed into too many mercury glass and lighted items.  We are still seeing thoses spheres in different permutations.  Her florals are hit or miss.  I thought her set on today's show was lacking.  But it's good because I am less tempted!

That sums up how I feel too @DecorDiva.

Contributor
I can purchase VPH items online from the manufacturer who actually makes them AND they actually get here in one piece. The VPH “ collection” seems to try to give the impression that those items are made by hand at some workshop when in face she goes to market and purchases them. Case in point, almost all of her gingerbread is Raz, the glass set of detailed ornaments are Nieman Marcus; hence why the reviews said “ why is NM written in my train? Who would do that to Valerie?” Some of my favorite pieces I got from VPH shows but not so much any more.
Contributor
Watched VPH CIJ tonight with Rick. 😳
Honored Contributor

@cocamp wrote:

@cocamp 

This is an OLD thread from last year....please watch the dates.....the guidelines dont want old threads to be "bumped up"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:
I miss the decorating shows that Ms. George used to bring us on the Q. I have forgotten her first name.

VPH initially had decent merchandise for the most part but, as of late, the items on her shows are just pure junk. Everything looks incredibly cheap or tacky and could likely be found in a bargain bin in AC Moore or at Walmart. Just so unimpressive. She would never put this ****** in her own home.

@Tinkerbell3  Thought I still think she occasionally comes up with a winner, overall I agree with you... Pure kitsch... On top of that, I'd note she and QVC have been throwing virtually the same aesthetic out there for most of the past decade: 'illumnated' everything, mercury glass, orbs and so on... and on... and on... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Shows

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@cocamp wrote:

@cocamp 

This is an OLD thread from last year....please watch the dates.....the guidelines dont want old threads to be "bumped up"

Well @Spurt, my friend, I have two thoughts on this... One, if the thread's content is still relevant, then have at it... And two, if the powers that be don't want old threads bumped up then maybe they shouldn't make them accessible... Besides, this thread is less than a year old... Personally, as noted, I think Val still very occasionally comes up with something worth seeing, but overall, QVC's decor mix is stale, hers included... And, I would add, there's no way I'm watching her interface with Rick... 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Tinkerbell3Phyllis probably retired -  she's 70 or more by now.

I'd forgotten her line here at the Q  -  but I remember when she was winning beauty contests.  Lovely woman.

Sadly @millieshops though she hadn't been on QVC for some time, Phyllis passed away recently after a long illness.