Honored Contributor

I'm interested in the cabinet as well but I want to see reviews of how it's received when shipped.

It is difficult to find a cabinet that is 12-15" deep fully assembled.

The one I found at Hobby Lobby is $300 but I have to measure it to see if fits in my car some way.  The particular piece from HL doesn't ship unfortunately.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Once again I had to DVR. But tonight I showed DH the lamps. Last night I was trying to think of where I could put them. We bought Valerie's shutter lamp last spring and we've been really happy with it. This price for 2 lamps with silk shades just sounded to good to pass up. So I came up with two "dark spots" in our home. We will be using them on a ledge in back of our family room loveseat. There is a tiny end table, but no light on it. The only thing I worry about is our kitties like to use it as a pass-through, but they seem to prefer just one end. We got the bronze.

@KittyGalore - That umbrella is so pretty and unusual. It will look great on your front door!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I thought the price for the lamps was really good. Even cheap lamps aren't cheap, and I wished I liked them more or needed them just because of the price! LOL

I passed because they didn't excite me, and I have lamps now that I don't use. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a little disappointed as yesterday was a pretty busy day for me between spouse dr appointments and various other things going on that ALL VPH shows were in the daytime and NO prime time hours.

I thought at least they could take "Down Home with David" which is the same ole same ole stuff and at least give this time to VPH.  Although, perhaps with more viewers thing would have sold out quickly (which many did and delayed shipping) that it could fill the time slots.

Oh well - I did look on line and watch some of the videos, but, for me I enjoy watching VPH describe the item. 

Bought nothing even though I wanted the cabinet - couldn't justify the price and shipping costs.  Especially, I could find something comparable in a store at the same price possibly.

I had the TSV lamps in my cart (then switched to Wish List) we have a good store here that has some really nice lamps at good pricing.  Since I don't have my buffet as yet (backordered til May) I'll wait.

I hope she has more shows scheduled and they will be in "prime" time.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I hope she has more shows scheduled and they will be in "prime" time.

@homedecor1 - There is a thread in the Holiday forum about her February visits.  I'm already looking forward to them and I haven't even watched the shows I DVR'd yesterday yet!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Well the free shipping today put it over the top for me.

I went ahead and ordered the cabinet in white.

H225333
Two-Door Two-Drawer Beadboard Cupboard by Valerie

No picture of the white but it is on the video.

Cabinet.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

Yes, Valerie's items are pricey and she also is fond of offering CUTSIE items, of which I am not a fan, though many are. Right now, she is offering lots of Easter rabbits, eggs, birds, which, if you like those things, you'll find them there. I am hoping Valerie will think about doing a spring decor show, offering elegant items for the home, that most adults would like. Coastal would also be appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think there is anymore any such thing as real wood for the average, middle-class shopper.  I think you have to go to the very high-end manufacturers to get such or go to an antique shop or if you are lucky, you can oftentimes find real wood in flea markets but china has no real wood.  It's all fiberboard.  You will be told it's wood.  Of course, it looks like wood and it's a wood product.  It's like those laminate floors they sold us in the 1990s and told us they were real wood. Of course, they were a wood product, but they were not all wood, but manufactured particles of wood made into a product that looked like wood.  The late 1990s ushered in the Chinese made wood.

Honored Contributor

I am over all the cutsie , frou frou stuff she has and not a frilly flowery fan either---so never watch or buy

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Items

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

For what is offered in the line, prices for VPH's merchandise have become mostly ludicrous. Even shopping other sites on-line (not even to mention in-store, when that's an option) there are as good or better choices availale for less.

Exactly.

Some of her decor is pretty, however, I have seen similar items elsewhere for much lower prices.

The cabinet is nice but I wouldn't pay almost 400.00 for it.

@Ladybug724  I wouldn't either. Though some of the color choices are very nice, odds are, if you're going out these days, and assuming you have a way to get it home, which would pretty much be any mid-size vehicle, Home Goods would have the same thing or something very similar for a good deal less. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...