Respected Contributor

I hardly ever watch QVC anymore, but I was flipping through the channels and saw the TSV buffet lamps of Valerie's. They're cute and I like the pull cord and was thinking of getting them in the black.'

Then she showed a few more items and I'm sorry but although some of the items are cute, the prices are so high!

The beadboard cabinet she showed was nice but after taxes it would be over 400.00. It's not even all wood (fiberboard) and assembly is required. 

But like I said, I'm thinking of ordering the lamps because those are actually a decent price for two and the easy pay makes it that much better.

Honored Contributor

That's why QVC offers easy pay so often, many people will order something they normally wouldn't, because of the easy pays.

Being retired, I do the same thing when I can, gimme' those easy pays, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 

agree!  I was in a better furniture store in the area and although didn't have beadboard it was a nice cabinet made out of wood on sale (no shipping I can put in car) for $159.

I do plan to head over there and get the measurements -- if they cabinet is sturdy and 40+ inches in width I'll definitely buy it.

(fingers crossed them still have it!)

I like the white urn and fillers but $100 for both w/shipping - I'll head to HL and Lowe's.  To recreate

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Ladybug724 

agree!  I was in a better furniture store in the area and although didn't have beadboard it was a nice cabinet made out of wood on sale (no shipping I can put in car) for $159.

I do plan to head over there and get the measurements -- if they cabinet is sturdy and 40+ inches in width I'll definitely buy it.

(fingers crossed them still have it!)

I like the white urn and fillers but $100 for both w/shipping - I'll head to HL and Lowe's.  To recreate

@homedecor1  I live near discount stores that sell a variety of home decor items including things like cabinets, rugs, chairs, etc. I love going there to look around and get ideas.

They have several cabinets that are all wood for much, much less, like less than half of what it would cost to purchase Valerie's cabinet.

Also, Pat commented that for the set of two toile bunnies or eggs, you would expect to pay 40.00 for just one let alone two but I disagree! I used to order her items sometimes but I'm surprised now at the expense.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the TSV in black.  I've been looking for buffet lamps for some time now and haven't found anything I liked and they were much more expensive than Valerie's.  I hope they're as nice in person as on TV.  I already have a table in my foyer but the table on air did catch my eye.  It's nice but I wouldn't pay what they're asking.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In my opinion most of the Q's home decor items are of poor-ish quality at an elevated price.  You can find better quality items at lower prices if you look around a bit.

Super Contributor

Ladybug724-Valerie said there was no assembly required on the beadboard cabinet.  It is nice, but I think you could get something at a better price at TJ Maxx or Home Goods.

Respected Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

Ladybug724-Valerie said there was no assembly required on the beadboard cabinet.  It is nice, but I think you could get something at a better price at TJ Maxx or Home Goods.

I rechecked and it says in the bullet point description "Assembly required." Maybe we're not talking about the same item? The one I'm talking about is H225333

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

@fingerlakesny 

I think it's the feet part of the cabinet.  I ordered a nice one from Kirkland's and I had to do the feet and doors, so maybe this is the assembly.  I have missed the presentation forgot she was on 9-12🤷‍♀️😉

Super Contributor

Have you checked prices at other stores?  It's funny, because I did a check for similar cabinets today online when I saw Valerie's on air.  The price for hers was comparable to a lot of other websites as it is assembled, only the feet have to be attached.

Prices have gone up everywhere.  I see some of Valerie's items (that I already have) and they are much pricier than when I bought them in the past few years. Minimum wages are skyrocketing everywhere which has to be passed on to the customer.