Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Easter

@Grand Happy wrote:
She has the cutest items for Easter decorating.
I bought the cute girl bunny on a bike, the set of three trees and one of the houses.
I did buy a new garland and small pink truck at Hobby Lobby.
Any one else buy any of her Easter items?

Oh Yes, Valeries one of the most favorite people in my world. I decorate my kitchen table for each holiday, and love them when they light up, I live alone, so I'm always delighted  at the breakfast table when things come alive.. This is my world, when your elderly and you live alone, and I love it. I think I bought 8 things, one for my neighbor too.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I passed. 

I'm not a fan of pastels, and most was done that way. 

I wish she'd add a few things each season more primitive, more aged/muted, or more neutral. 

I was tempted by all the Big Deal bunnies and lambs, but I just wanted them to be more aged looking. 

About the only time I go in for pastels is this time of year in order to brighten up so many weeks of gray dreary days. But, i agree with needing some variation  to her line. I was so glad when she started having some pip berries in her garlands, etc. Some richer, muted or neutral decor items would be welcomed by me also. And no batteries, lights, etc. I really like SOME primative styles and would like to see it come back. I have kept my Country Sampler Magazines and old Colonial Home magazines for years, hoping primative might come back someday in a way suited for todays life styles.

Valued Contributor

rolypoly, I can imagine how beautiful your table looks.
Yes there is much to be said about bringing joy into our lives with our decorating!
I Love VPH she's the sweetest
Valued Contributor

HLP, I can imagine how beautiful your table looks.
Yes there is much to be said about bringing joy into our lives with our decorating!
I Love VPH she's the sweetest