Trusted Contributor

Valerie Parhill Christmas Decor

Watching her show with Leah and I can't believe how pricey her stuff is! I've seen a couple of items on sale that I thought were cute, but, after reading reviews, decided not to purchase. One person said the quality of her stuff has gone down and whatever it was she had bought looked like something from the Dollar Store. 

A little strand of lights was on sale for $39.00 and with shipping and tax would be almost $50.00. I'll just stick with Hobby Lobby!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parhill Christmas Decor

I agree! I think her shows are nice, and she gives a lot of fine decorating tips. But in my opinion, her pieces are very overpriced. I can go to Home Goods or hobby Lobby and pay much less. Over the past couple of years, the pieces are just plastic with glitter on them. I have no use for that. I hate when glitter gets everywhere, and most of it just doesn't have an upscale look. Just my opinion. 

Super Contributor

I had to mute Leah. Between the stuttering and constant interruption of Valerie, she is unwatchable.  Her need to micromanage every aspect of the show is annoying to say the least.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal I was in HomeGoods the other day...and while I don't need any new Christmas decor, my store had a beautiful selection of holiday decor. I did buy one thing I couldn't resist, that I need like a hole in the head, but nonetheless...a whimsical stuffed girl reindeer! Sounds weird but they had many different ones...all very cute. Kind of like the gnome things from last year, you place on mantels, shelves etc, with the dangling legs... only this year it's reindeer!

Anyway, so many great things, I'd never bother anymore with the overpriced Val items, if I was in the market. Her TSV with the sparkley snow globe lantern last year...was all over HG's then and everywhere.

I also saw many of the pretty ceramic light up trees from Mr. Christmas there...$30.00.

Esteemed Contributor

Very boring to say the least . Nothing new or tempting , probably a good thing saves me $$$. I have so much Christmas already anyways I don't need one more thing so just as well .
Respected Contributor

I like to watch the Valerie shows mostly for decorating ideas.  Rarely, if ever, purchase holiday items from QVC.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

What is with all clearance of last years stuff? Nothing new?  I like Valerie and always enjoyed her shows, but I feel like everything she has this year has been on before.

And the prices with shipping are too high. We can go to Marshall's, Homegoods, etc. and get nice things for much less and pay no shipping.

Just saw her present those mercury glass pedestals that have been on for years-same ones!

Nothing from her for the holidays this year and that is a first. It's like qvc missed out while clearing out their warehouse.

Honored Contributor

I think that Valerie has some beautiful things, and she gives such great decorating tips. She really knows how to put a room together. I do agree, however that you can find a lot of what she shows at Hobby Lobby or even Home Goods. Our local Hobby Lobby has beautiful items, and such good sales, its easier to purchase from them!

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of VPH or her merchandise.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

What is with all clearance of last years stuff? Nothing new?  I like Valerie and always enjoyed her shows, but I feel like everything she has this year has been on before.

And the prices with shipping are too high. We can go to Marshall's, Homegoods, etc. and get nice things for much less and pay no shipping.

Just saw her present those mercury glass pedestals that have been on for years-same ones!

Nothing from her for the holidays this year and that is a first. It's like qvc missed out while clearing out their warehouse.

@Catch71   I know I totally agree with you !  Every year I'm tempted by so many items , not this year though .   There are a few new items ,  but not shown for whatever reason 🤷‍♀️