Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parhill Christmas Decor

I have purchased some nice things that I am very happy with from Valerie. I got the 42" Nutcracker for an "As is" price and it was so worth it. I also got her Capiz look deer, sleigh and Angels from her Christmas in July shows...GORGEOUS!

However, I also got some figures that had an awful paint job, deer with a broken leg,Gingerbread house that was crooked and a sleigh that had a dent and was scratched......

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I have purchased some nice things that I am very happy with from Valerie. I got the 42" Nutcracker for an "As is" price and it was so worth it. I also got her Capiz look deer, sleigh and Angels from her Christmas in July shows...GORGEOUS!

However, I also got some figures that had an awful paint job, deer with a broken leg,Gingerbread house that was crooked and a sleigh that had a dent and was scratched......

Like Forrest Gump said "you never know what your gonna get".

Super Contributor

I haven't bought anything new from her this year but did get a second set of the 3 graduated crystal candle holders for much less than I paid last year.

They are stunning, nothing to plug in, and don't need batteries.  The set I got this year will be a gift.

Respected Contributor

I purchased several sets of the crystal candle holders (beautiful) but nothing else. I didn't see anything I particularly liked this year.

Hobby Lobby has gorgeous things! I am in trouble every time  I go in there. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It does seem like many places, even Q , seem to have a glut of Christmas decor things...maybe some are things  that were late for last year's shopping season because of the supply chain issues. I am at the stage of giving away a lot of Christmas decor things, not acquiring more....I could be pursueded to buy a little something new if it did not have glitter on it....I swear everything has glitter covering it...probably to cover the plastic it is made with. It makes such a mess and never goes away. I am also still seeing the gnomes from last year along with the little red trucks and black and white buffalo checks. Yawn. 

Honored Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

I had to mute Leah. Between the stuttering and constant interruption of Valerie, she is unwatchable.  Her need to micromanage every aspect of the show is annoying to say the least.

@ChillyTulip   Isn't this true of most of the hosts.  Rick is a nice guy, but no one tops him for stuttering.  As far as talking over, so many hosts do this, very annoying.  Thank goodness for the mute option, I use it on several tv shows, lol.

Respected Contributor

I do like seeing the sets when they present VPH's things...it can give you some new ideas on how you can use things you already have. Even local stores now have much plastic now...but it's called "shatterproof" and it is fine if you have small kids or pets that might crash into them....but the plastic/glitter thing is just nothing I want....plenty of that at the dollar stores.