Trusted Contributor

ANother thing....

BIG LOTS

Has a lot of nice, cheap, Easter decor....that you can even order online for free shipping at 50.00....

I will get a 10.00 easter door mat from big lots, maybe get a welcome to our home easter sign for the door.... and call it a day!!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I love Valerie's items, and she seems like a genuine and kind person!

But I probably get most of my decorating items from small locally owned stores near us. There are none within about one hour from us, but my friends and I usually make a day of it - we shop then go have lunch. We also have some seasonal craft shows that are pretty nice. I've met some close friends through those! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Usually, I buy online...only decorate for Fall and Christmas.  I'll buy from anyone who has what I'm looking for and like.   A few retailers I purchased from online in the past.  Piper Classics, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, QVC, HSN, ebay, Zulily, Savon-On-Crafts, Christmas Central, Grandin Road, Frontgate, Retail Resource, Balsam Hill, Etsy.   

Locally, I go to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Christmas Tree Hill, Big Lots, Walmart, Macy's, and a few local specialty stores.  

Valerie's a lovely lady, love to watch her, very calming presentation.  Purchased a few of her items, some I liked...2 hurricane lamps, metal sleigh, Victorian sleigh and horses, although, the flocking on the horse is falling off.  Others not good quality, not very realistic greenery and flowers, or are defective, particularly those with lights didn't work at all or only about 5 or 6 weeks.

I'm liking some of the Nearly Natural, more expensive, but more natural looking sold by QVC.  Purchased last fall the most beautiful realistic 30 inch leaf wreath in gorgeous fall colors.  Sold out!

Trusted Contributor

Valerie doesn't offer much that interests me anymore.  I don't want anything battery operated, I hate faux flowers, don't like mercury glass or glitter....and these things are what I see most from her.  I do like some of her candle rings, and I have one set, but I can find those on Etsy.  In fact I have a set on the way to me right now.

I like to shop Etsy.  Have found some nice things.

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I will never buy from Hobby Lobby because of political reasons.

i have been a Valerie fan for years and have been rarely disappointed. My usual decor places are Pier 1 and Micheals.

Interesting.  I like to buy from Hobby Lobby for political reasons -- and also because the folks there offer good quality merchandise and friendly service at fair prices.  To each her own.

Trusted Contributor

i love going to lancaster and going to flower warehouse... always find tons of things there.. i also look on amazon find alot on there... i need a bigger apt. for all my things lol 

Trusted Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@traveler wrote:

I will never buy from Hobby Lobby because of political reasons.

i have been a Valerie fan for years and have been rarely disappointed. My usual decor places are Pier 1 and Micheals.

Interesting.  I like to buy from Hobby Lobby for political reasons -- and also because the folks there offer good quality merchandise and friendly service at fair prices.  To each her own.

never been to hobby lobby... and i dont think i should go.. i'll spend too much  lol