Honored Contributor

I find most things at Homegoods, Marshall’s, and Hobby Lobby. A few things at Cracker Barrel. Some of Valerie’s things are also at Cracker Barrel. I have ordered a few things from Valerie and they have been okay... it Infind them overpriced compared to what I find locally. I really prefer to see things up close to check out the material they are made from. Big lots has some good seasonal decor also. Great pillows and lanterns especially.

Respected Contributor

Proselytising - definition of Proselytising by The Free Dictionary

To attempt to convert someone to one's own religious faith. 2. To attempt to persuade someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine. v.tr. To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

? ? ? ?
Not sure I see anything like that here . . .

Esteemed Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Proselytising - definition of Proselytising by The Free Dictionary

To attempt to convert someone to one's own religious faith. 2. To attempt to persuade someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine. v.tr. To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

? ? ? ?
Not sure I see anything like that here . . .

Thanks, @Suzeecat . I didn't know what that meant, now I am confused.

Thanks ya'll all for your recomendations. Thats why I love this board, I hadn't thought of a lot of the places you ladies suggested. I wish those places were closer, but they are about 45 minutes away, and that is quite doable!

Respected Contributor

Valerie is one of my very favorite people....to me she seems so sincere.  But when I can buy similar items from stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby on sale, I seldom shop with Valerie.

Honored Contributor

Valerie's quality isn't what it once was on many things now, but what really is? And there is too much whimsy in her line to suit me, and fewer of the traditional and classic styles that built her brand. 

I do buy from Hobby Lobby for the selection, the prices and I support them politically unlike others tend to post here.

I can see the product, pick out one that I find to be 'the best', they tend to have lots of coordinating things to build a cohesive look (Valerie does too), I don't have to pay shipping, and it goes on 50% off well before the season is really in, so a great savings there too.

I'm really having a problem with QVC's shipping charges anymore. If I see three or four things in something like Valerie's line, and what to get them all to create the look, I add up that shipping and I just can't bring myself to pay it anymore. Sometimes the shipping can add up to such a significant percentage of the product prices, that I just can't bring myself to do it. $22 or more to ship four small items......just a big nope for me anymore.

Honored Contributor

@happycat   I buy most of my decor from zulily and Valerie.  Her garlands and wreaths can't be beat unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars at Grandinroad, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Valerie's quality isn't what it once was on many things now, but what really is? And there is too much whimsy in her line to suit me, and fewer of the traditional and classic styles that built her brand. 

I do buy from Hobby Lobby for the selection, the prices and I support them politically unlike others tend to post here.

I can see the product, pick out one that I find to be 'the best', they tend to have lots of coordinating things to build a cohesive look (Valerie does too), I don't have to pay shipping, and it goes on 50% off well before the season is really in, so a great savings there too.

I'm really having a problem with QVC's shipping charges anymore. If I see three or four things in something like Valerie's line, and what to get them all to create the look, I add up that shipping and I just can't bring myself to pay it anymore. Sometimes the shipping can add up to such a significant percentage of the product prices, that I just can't bring myself to do it. $22 or more to ship four small items......just a big nope for me anymore.

Good point about the shipping, @Mominohio

Contributor

I spent a fortune on batteries at Christmas.  I had to purchase all sizes to keep everything lit.  I made a promise to myself not to buy anything else that required a battery to look pretty.  I think Valerie is a very nice lady but I am not going to pay shipping when I can buy from Pier One, Hobby Lobby, Home Goods and Michaels and not pay shipping.  I know it is convient to order and have it delivered to the house.  The shipping cost has gone up so much.  I appreciate everyone's opinions on the subject.

Respected Contributor

When Valerie went into her speech for the prayer box bracelets. Too long.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie Par Hill

[ Edited ]

I like many of Valerie's items, when I was more home bound...and had no real way to get to to local stores,  I purchased more items.   When I viewed  everything arranged nicely....one is tempted to just order the entire display......

BUT once I left my house.....and ....., started to go to Home Decor, Home Goods, Pier One, Marshalls, TJ Maxx......I started to find NICE THINGS that are many times cheapers.  I have not seen her exact items in stores but  you can find a fewSIMILAR things with no shipping costs.

I'm really starting to WATCH my shopping because all that SHIPPING AND HANDLING ADDS UP!!!!

My garage is filled NOW with xmas decor in boxes, spring wreaths etc....I don't have anywere to STORE any more items unless it is EXCEPTIONAL.....

If I buy easter stuff, it is up for a while....then it has to be stored......fall stuff then it has to be stored........I am now learning, where amd I gong to STORE all these items.

I'm now moving towards all year decor.....if I change the item it is another all year decor item.  For example, I purchased some "winter" off white/ivory decor that I have had up from November and I'll keep it up until around March.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!