Honored Contributor

Over the years VPH and other brands are "hit or miss".  Personally, everything on VPH set looks beautiful then I come to my senses "it's a big studio".

Today, I saw the lighted pineapples that were nice but don't need anything.

@Tinkerbell3 

I wouldn't call her stuff "junk" although it's not really worth the prices they are asking -- you can find similar things at HomeGoods, etc.  Everything is mass produced in China now whatever you buy!

Yes, I do remember Phyliss George and Linda Dano they both had nice things.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

When Valerie Parr Hill first came to QVC years ago, her items were, for the most part, really cute. I am amazed by the things that she is now selling. Most of the items look so cheaply made and junky. 

@Tinkerbell3I totally agree...the only things she still has that are worthwhile are her wreaths.....the rest I can do without since the quality has diminished!

Occasional Contributor

First, I have never seen anything affordable!  Second, I was changing channels the other evening and came across "Valeries" show and one of the items she was selling for over $40. was in the LTD catalog for under $10.  She's a ripoff and a phoney!  Bet she's a tyrant in real life - very money hungry and obnoxious!  If you look around, you can find the same stuff much cheaper!

Honored Contributor

I've had good and bad with VPH. Some of the items were pure junk. I have a thread here somewhere about how I took pictures and had my SIL post on VPH's site the pictures showing exactly the issues...there were removed within 5 minutes. SAME thing happened on the QVC site under the items. CS was great as they sent 6 of the same item (huge wrought iron gates) to me and returned them all free of charge. 

I've had obvious defects in many items; no way they should EVER have passed quality inspection. Pure junk as the OP states. However, I have some gorgeous items as well. I shop many of the smaller home stores in my area and see many of what VPH sells on QVC at these stores. I also see unique items that she carries and those are what I purchase. Shop carefully and wisely.

The one vendor I REALLY miss is Linda Dano; her items were fantastic!!!!!