Respected Contributor

When Valerie Parr Hill first came to QVC years ago, her items were, for the most part, really cute. I am amazed by the things that she is now selling. Most of the items look so cheaply made and junky. 

Does anyone remember when Phyllis George was on? I loved what she brought to QVC and I wish someone would bring similar items!

Honored Contributor

Well, I don't usually buy any of her stuff.  However, I did purchase a wreath she had on recently.

It was pretty.  It looked like all of the other wreaths I've hung on my front door.

Let's how long it lasts.  Fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a mixed bag. My perception is that she still sells some decent things, but there is also an increasing amount of kitsch. I do believe, though, that many of her items are not so much 'hers' as they are purchased wholesale from some other entity. I've seen several of the same or very similar items being sold at other home decor venues under different names.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I think it's a mixed bag. My perception is that she still sells some decent things, but there is also an increasing amount of kitsch. I do believe, though, that many of her items are not so much 'hers' as they are purchased wholesale from some other entity. I've seen several of the same or very similar items being sold at other home decor venues under different names.

Several years ago there was a business news crew that followed her with spouse in tow to vendors markets in the far east. She picks out items she wants to sell as "brand" and you get VPH.

Similar to Tara and Temptations, they create 0.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Several years ago there was a business news crew that followed her with spouse in tow to vendors markets in the far east. She picks out items she wants to sell as "brand" and you get VPH.

Similar to Tara and Temptations, they create 0.

Interesting @Snowpuppy.

Thanks for posting that!

Honored Contributor

I wasn't here many years ago when Valerie was starting out, but I couldn't disagree with you more.

I think you have to decide what will work for you. I like a lot of her items. She seems to have a flair for putting things together, and that works for me. I always enjoy her shows. 

I actually bought three things today: the mini hurricanes with tealights - for gifts, the illuminated birdcages, which will look great on the side glass table in our sunroom, and the vine and hammered glass hurricane, which I plan to put in the entry. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie- JUNK

[ Edited ]

more bunnies and other stuff at Home Goods than I would ever want to see,  all the same everywhere.  looks like the stuff Val brings

and less money and all proably from same place in China 

Regular Contributor

I disagree.  I'm a once in a while QVC shopper.  This past Christmas, I bought Valerie's hurricane vases with the little lights inside.  I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were.

Today, I bought the metal seasonal door hangings.  I think they will be exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm glad they are metal and not resin.

So I don't know what Valerie's past merchandise was like but I have no complaints about what I've bought so far.....even though it's not been much.

Honored Contributor

@hick you got some of her nicer items. I've liked all my VPH items but I choose them carefully and buy infrequently.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@hick you got some of her nicer items. I've liked all my VPH items but I choose them carefully and buy infrequently.

I have a large cupboard of Valeries things in my basement, and I love everything I have. I don't have anything I'd call "junk". I decorate my house, for every season and I love it all, gives me great pleasure. My kitchen table makes me smile everyday , and that's worth every penny I spent on them. She's such a nice Lady you can tell by her demeaner, so I would'nt put her things down, just don't watch her shows. Thank you Valerie, I love your things.