Super Contributor

Re: Valerie Beveled Glass Mirror Centerpiece

Rosehill my sister, you have some great suggestions. Will be checking out the LD mirror!!!

I think the 15x15 size will work well. I do plan on leaving them on the table since virtually everything will work well with them. Right now I have the small Xmas lights on the table, winding thru my display. I just really enjoy those lights; I leave them on the table all year long regardless of the season.

I even have them on top of my TV armoire in the FR, winding thru the topiaries. Those lights are on during the day since the back of my house is a western exposure and only gets sun in the late afternoon. The lights give the rooms a warmer feeling. DH & me love the effect at night. It's just enough light in the room to give a cozy feel.

Think I found your LD mirrors on Pinterest??:

Linda Dano Beveled Mirror 15 x 15 Display Centerpiece

Super Contributor

"Funny, but I have a couple of pretty beveled mirrors I snagged at Goodwill for a couple of bucks apiece a while back. They're really nice when you want some extra reflectivity and sparkle in a table arrangement. Especially nice with candles."

Goodstuff, I love your find!

I'm a fanatic GW shopper, and you really lucked out with these!! Congrats. I just love finding something there I can reuse, makes such sense in these times. Plus, the price is always right when you repurpose.

Thanks so much for sharing, just love hearing about finds like this!!

Last week I found a great silverplate tray at my local GW; with lots of carving on the edges and scrolling. It was marked $60 and I got 50% off with a coupon special. Still a lot to pay put it's very large. I'm thinking I will use this tray until I find my mirrors . . .

Super Contributor

Found this "mirror runner" set at an unnamed online store,

tablerunner-place.jpg

Mirror runner set is 3 pieces for 32.50; total size is 36 x 12 with bevel edge of 1/2", and felt pad lining on bottom of each piece.

Val's: 1 20" x 12" x 1" with a 1/2" bezel = 39.76 plus S&H approx $10

2 12"L x 9"W x 1-1/4"W with a 1/2" bevel = 39.76 plus S&H approx $10

Mirror runner is 36" long versus 44" for Val's. Val's side mirror appear to be more decoratively beveled, as well (runner set is plain):

2-Piece Beveled Glass Mirror Sections by Valerie

SO--long story short, looks like Val's set is 8" longer with more intricate beveling for approx $100, S&H included unless I get a shipping break like JPC mentioned. Buying from the online store is more iffy since I don't know if their guarantee is reputable. But the price is right at 32.50 plus S&H of 12.84 =45.34.

Whew.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/27/2014 whitelinen said:

"Funny, but I have a couple of pretty beveled mirrors I snagged at Goodwill for a couple of bucks apiece a while back. They're really nice when you want some extra reflectivity and sparkle in a table arrangement. Especially nice with candles."

I'm a fanatic GW shopper, and you really lucked out with these!! Congrats. I just love finding something there I can reuse, makes such sense in these times. Plus, the price is always right when you repurpose.

Last week I found a great silverplate tray at my local GW; with lots of carving on the edges and scrolling. It was marked $60 and I got 50% off with a coupon special. Still a lot to pay put it's very large. I'm thinking I will use this tray until I find my mirrors . . .

Aren't thrift stores the BOMB?! Yesterday at my local Salvation Army store I found a beautiful, hand-stitched needlework (BIG -- probably about 14" X 16") of the "May the road rise to meet you......" Irish blessing. Green and accent color threads on white Irish linen, with beautifully stitched shamrocks and scrollwork around the edges. It's nicely custom framed, covered by glass, and has the label of a frame shop on the back. It was still carefully wrapped, and looks pristine. It had the half-price color label of the day on it, so I got this sweet thing for $5!! I hate to think how long someone labored to do all that stitchery to have me buy it for five bucks.........but nice find!

I also snagged a couple of old English china plates ($2 and $4) to add to my vintage plate collection. I love beautiful old plates. Here are a few we used at our Easter dinner...... Heck......even the wine-stems are from a thrift store!

Mmmm rosemary lamb!

Honored Contributor

On 4/27/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 4/27/2014 whitelinen said:

<em> "Funny, but I have a couple of pretty beveled mirrors I snagged at Goodwill for a couple of bucks apiece a while back. They're really nice when you want some extra reflectivity and sparkle in a table arrangement. Especially nice with candles."</em>

Aren't thrift stores the BOMB?! Yesterday at my local Salvation Army store I found a beautiful, hand-stitched needlework (BIG -- probably about 14" X 16") of the "May the road rise to meet you......" Irish blessing. Green and accent color threads on white Irish linen, with beautifully stitched shamrocks and scrollwork around the edges. It's nicely custom framed, covered by glass, and has the label of a frame shop on the back. It was still carefully wrapped, and looks pristine. It had the half-price color label of the day on it, so I got this sweet thing for $5!! I hate to think how long someone labored to do all that stitchery to have me buy it for five bucks.........but nice find!

I also snagged a couple of old English china plates ($2 and $4) to add to my vintage plate collection. I love beautiful old plates. Here are a few we used at our Easter dinner...... Heck......even the wine-stems are from a thrift store!

Mmmm rosemary lamb!

I love thrifting! I worked for almost 20 years in retail management for Goodwill and Volunteers of America. My house is bursting at the seams with great vintage stuff (lots of it kitchen). I haven't worked in about 15 years (SAHM) and I still can't stay out of the thrifts.

Love your "new" plates. I love to set a different table with vintage dishware for every meal sometimes. I have great classics like those pictured, and some mid century modern as well. I don't give a hoot about clothes, handbags, jewelry or beauty products, but give me a new old dish and I'm a happy woman!

Super Contributor

Interesting that I should see this thread today. I just got back from the Q outlet and got two of these mirrors. They are beautiful, heavy, total class. I also have the two VPH mirrors that can be placed on each end of the big mirror.

Goodstuff, beautiful plates. Nice buy.

If any of you live close to a Q outlet and love VPH spheres, you might want to make a trip there. They have hundreds (dozens at least) of sphere sets in gold, silver, red, holiday multi, spring green and amber. I got two sets of amber; I've never seen that color at the outlet before. I'm still waiting impatiently for the beautiful pink spheres to show up at the outlet. BTW, they are $11.14/set plus tax in April. I'm not sure what the price will be in May but they tell me that the warehouse/outlet store room are filled with them.