Respected Contributor

Val & Rick Great Together

[ Edited ]

Watching replay of one of their recent Fall shows. I know it's been said before, but I'm saying it again....I'd have never thought to put them together or that this combo would work~quite the contrary, they are great together, for whatever reason! Good ole, usually very hyper, Rick, does so well with her...he's enthusiastic about the home things she offers, but not crazy, and they have a good chemistry together.

Under all that "personality" he is a seasoned host who knows what he's doing.

Rick surprises me a lot....I used to not be able to watch him as I preferred a more "mellow?" presentation, but over time I enjoyed him on certain shows. Another, old example, was him with Michael Dawkins...they were fun together. Their "bromance."

Anyway, I like him with Valerie and he seems to be a regular with her now, so I guess it's working out well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Val & Rick Great Together

Agree with your observations entirely, @amyb !   I haven't seen Rick with Valerie recently, since not catching much of QVC these days.  But their rapport, given their quite different personalities, is fun.  Rick's "mischief" and Valerie's "serenity" are a potent mix.

Honored Contributor

I watched them yesterday afternoon and laughed the whole time.  It was a good show and I was quite surprised at how much new Fall decor she had.  Some really pretty stuff.

I'm totally done with my Fall stuff though but for those who buy, enjoy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

As I just posted on another post on this topic, I can't imagine why 
TPTB don't pair them together more often.  A great show.  Lots of sell-outs!  And lots of fun to watch them together!!!!

Honored Contributor

Val and Rick definitely work well together!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Respected Contributor

Love them together. He is always well prepared as a host and very enthusiastic too!

Contributor

I like them together too. Ive always enjoyed Rick. It looks like he and Valerie have fun together. 

Respected Contributor

I've enjoyed Rick and Val since their initial pairing. 

Their chemistry is palpable; it just works! She is a bit prim and proper (and oh so sweet); Rick is a rambunctious freight train (said with affection). He always makes her laugh and you can tell they genuinely like each other. 

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed Rick also....so funny

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DSD2 wrote:

I've enjoyed Rick and Val since their initial pairing. 

Their chemistry is palpable; it just works! She is a bit prim and proper (and oh so sweet); Rick is a rambunctious freight train (said with affection). He always makes her laugh and you can tell they genuinely like each other. 

@DSD2 Well put. I think that's exactly what works so well and is a cute pairing. They balance each other. I just never thought of Rick of all people, "the rambunctious guy's guy" doing home styling with the "reserved, sweet decor lady"...but it's just that that makes it enjoyable. And yes, they seem to really enjoy working together...you can't manufacture that, so it's great when it's authentic. Hope to see much more of them together.