Regular Contributor

Imagine my surprise when I saw the maidens at a fraction of the QVC's price on the big online retailer that begins with A. They even offer a version in a smaller size which we have been asking for a couple of years. Available in the verdigris, small immediately, large a bit of a wait. Prime members free shipping too! So disgusted realizing this after spending so much on the Q.

Respected Contributor

Re: Va!erie's Garden Maidens

@Starpass   Yikes...a lot less money. I have two of the maidens and they are stunning. 

Regular Contributor

Me too, andI know where I am getting the new girl lol!

Regular Contributor

Hi, 

I can't find them on Amazon. Searched on Garden Maiden, Valerie, Valerie Parr Hill.

where are they hiding?

thanks for posting!

Dragonfly

Honored Contributor

Her stuff or similar can be found at craft and home stores. People are paying for the brand. 

Regular Contributor

Check out garden fairies I found it under garden maiden. The one I bought is 12.5 , "  not 20" like Valerie's ( I just checked the sizes) The smallest one at 7.5 inches sold out in the bird. Anyway, this is fine for me given the price difference. Lesson for me is to look around more.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

If you Google "statue of lady in leaf dress" you will see many stores selling the big ones.

QVC is actually priced very similar to these. They are well over $100.00 for the 18" to 20" statues.

Amazon has those more expensive bigger ones too.

Look up Garden Maidens on Amazon and you will see the $25.00 and $40.00 small ones.

They are only 8 inches and 12 inches. They are bookcase knick-knacks at best. Still pretty though. Listing also says it can take 2 months to ship.

The bigger ones are more the outdoor garden statues type.

Always best to shop around though. Most QVC stuff can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw these last year at Ross and they were the smaller version but only $39.99. Shop around.

Contributor

The ones Ross had were about 14" to maybe 18" tall.